Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good day all, when you have a FAC air rifle cert how do you go about making an existing 22 air rifle upto FAC and getting it registered ? I aready own a rifle which has seen better days but still shoots very well (Webley Raider .22)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daz Harrison said:

Good day all, when you have a FAC air rifle cert how do you go about making an existing 22 air rifle upto FAC and getting it registered ? I aready own a rifle which has seen better days but still shoots very well (Webley Raider .22)

hello, its not worth the hassle and you would get very few shots per fill, go a treat your self to a FAC ready air rifle, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much agree with the above. Once you have made it FAC it cannot be converted back. It is easy enough to declare it on your FAC but as said above is it worth it? Questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daz Harrison said:

Good day all, when you have a FAC air rifle cert how do you go about making an existing 22 air rifle upto FAC and getting it registered ? I aready own a rifle which has seen better days but still shoots very well (Webley Raider .22)

Best way is to take it to your local rfd as sub 12 .get them to convert it and book it back out to you as an fac .and follow the usual rules from there .

Not sure the raider (im presuming original raider 10 or 2 ) is such a great gun to fac. Die to some soft steel parts that arent suited to fac pressures and forces .

I might be wrong though .

Ps there is a lot to be said for converting a sub 12 to fac .

Not least that you are converting an already known quantity .ie you know how accurate it can be and its fave pellets etc .

Ps ive done 2 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fac air rifles are cheap enough. Yes its easy to turn a non fac over the limit, but realistically your adding to the already flooded market of guns that are hard to get rid of - hence the price. Some of the older greats like a rapid 7 can be picked up a couple hundred quid cheaper than a non fac version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a sub 12ft to fac , say to 18-20 ft/lbs , which gives a .22 , a sub 12ft/lb .177 trajectory, is a good , Especially if you have had the gun a while., and enjoy it,

30 shots for a 'hunting gun' should be enough. 

You can convert the gun back , IF , a gunsmith does the work , and confirms it in writing. (I have a letter from Cheshire Constabulary confirming this).

So ask your Firearms Department for clarity.

How you do ?  Take it to a gunsmith/shop in sub 12 form and ask them to uprate it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:56, Daz Harrison said:

Good day all, when you have a FAC air rifle cert how do you go about making an existing 22 air rifle upto FAC and getting it registered ? I aready own a rifle which has seen better days but still shoots very well (Webley Raider .22)

You buy the parts, do the work and advise your region.

or

Take it to a RFD to do the work and then advise your region.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry dekers but the police really dont like anyone taking the first route you surgest .

As it means your in possession of an unregistered fac even if its just for a  day or so .

If you want to do the conversion your self .then the airgun MUST but put on ticket first. Then you can source any parts and have the conversion work done .either by rfd of your self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Sorry dekers but the police really dont like anyone taking the first route you surgest .

As it means your in possession of an unregistered fac even if its just for a  day or so .

If you want to do the conversion your self .then the airgun MUST but put on ticket first. Then you can source any parts and have the conversion work done .either by rfd of your self. 

I accept that, fact is there is nothing they can do about it, its completely legal and you simply have to advise them when its done, just like when you buy any FAC gun! 

It doesn't have to be listed on ticket first, he has a slot for it, so he can buy the parts, do the work and then tell them!

I've done it, no issues!

:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think ( not sure )

That your right .you can do the work first .BUT the police really dont like that option .that iam sure of. And getting on the wrong side of the firearms department isnt the best of ideas. 

Certainly when there are just as  easy options involving your local rfd .and every one is sweet .

I guess you must have an understanding department .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I think ( not sure )

That your right .you can do the work first .BUT the police really dont like that option .that iam sure of. And getting on the wrong side of the firearms department isnt the best of ideas. 

Certainly when there are just as  easy options involving your local rfd .and every one is sweet .

I guess you must have an understanding department .

I agree, apparently they don't like that option, or at least that's what I've heard.  I'm really not specifically sure why if you have the appropriate slot and keep them informed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...