Browning B725 Prosport or alternatives

Sparticle

30 minutes ago, Sparticle said:

Hi guys, currently looking at purchasing a Browning B725 prosport, any other alternatives that anyone would recommend, my budget is around £3000. I would be open to suggestions, or comments on the Browning B725 prosport itself.

Thanks.

I bought a new 32" ProTrap a month or two back for my new sporter I traded my 30" 692 Sporter against it. I handled the ProSport as well but I prefer parallel comb on the trap version and the fact the comb suited me better being a tad higher. Other than the stock they're basically the same - both have a trap style forend and the Trap has a centre tramline on the rib and a mid bead the sporter doesn't.  First time out I just knew we were going to get on well! No complaints at all. 

47 minutes ago, farmer7 said:

I bought a new 32" ProTrap a month or two back for my new sporter I traded my 30" 692 Sporter against it. I handled the ProSport as well but I prefer parallel comb on the trap version and the fact the comb suited me better being a tad higher. Other than the stock they're basically the same - both have a trap style forend and the Trap has a centre tramline on the rib and a mid bead the sporter doesn't.  First time out I just knew we were going to get on well! No complaints at all. 

Good to hear, I can't see much wrong with it and I prefer a basic black action. 

46 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Pick up a Guerini Invictus and see what you think ...

Will have a look online and see if my local gun shop has it!

2 hours ago, figgy said:

As above,  the Ultra XS in prestige is a good looking gun. I can't get past that twang off the pro sport and pro trap when you pull the trigger.

The Invictus accent is a nice shooting gun.

They must have forget to fit the twanger to mine - is it an optional extra? 

21 hours ago, Westward said:

Personal opinion only but I think the Ultra XS is as good as it gets it the world of Browning. I'm afraid the Pro Sport just doesn't float my boat.

Me? I'd take an Invictus every time.

18 hours ago, figgy said:

As above,  the Ultra XS in prestige is a good looking gun. I can't get past that twang off the pro sport and pro trap when you pull the trigger.

The Invictus accent is a nice shooting gun.

I've had a look at the Ultra XS Pro and is a serious contender!

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:53, Sparticle said:

Hi guys, currently looking at purchasing a Browning B725 prosport, any other alternatives that anyone would recommend, my budget is around £3000. I would be open to suggestions, or comments on the Browning B725 prosport itself.

Thanks.

there is a pro sport in the sales section.

• 2 weeks later...

theres a new sporter out from browning, the b525 SL with a laminated stock ( love it or hate it)  extended chokes etc, adjustable stock. i really like the look of it.  

priced £2100 i think 

got one on its way to me this week so ill post some pics and my oppinon on it soon! 

Edited by Jay_Russell