Prince Philip off the road for good

washerboy

Well, I bet for someone who has driven fighting ships it was a bit difficult to admit you didn't now need it now.  Been a stalwart, played his part brilliantly over the years and provided loads of laughs and smiles.  Saw him many moons ago carriage driving up at Holker, my wife asked me if there was any chance we might see him and the gent in the tattered deer stalker alongside her turned and smiled ..guess who.... saw him with his crew setting up the horses and he was just like any other bloke.  Perhaps they should supply a car with reins as he was an expert with them.

Unfortunately the royals are not meant to show no favouritism towards  party politics or the likes

How do you  think they feel when they have to stand there with a sword and give Packham an honour knowing full well he is biased against all sporting persuits they follow

Should give Philip the sword to do the honours on sunrise and prehaps he would have another accident

No matter who you are, it is a shame to have to end ones driving for such a reason. I have to admit to a degree of sympathy as as a 42 year old I was there but for the grace of God one morning in Poringland when trying to pull out of the cul-de-sac where I lived on to the main road and again it was the sun in my eyes plus the reflection off the wet road. Went to apologise to the guy who'd nearly ploughed into me and he was good enough to see (or not) my problem when he looked back from whence he'd come.

34 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

well he should have been we would have,they may have said to him if you hand in your licence,you will not be done.

It is not an unusual stance for the police to take.

My then 90 year old (now late) father-in-law, who had resisted all prior persuasion by my wife and me to stop driving, finally handed in his licence after he was given firm words of advice following a near miss on a roundabout (observed by a traffic car). 

His only explanation was that the roundabout hadn't been there the last time he had driven that road.

Edited by amateur

What purpose would a prosecution have served   ?   Apart from the Court costs, the hearing would have been held in his absence, nothing achieved by putting points onto a licence he no longer has, so, 'not in the Public Interest'  !   I feel that the other parties involved will be, WELL,' suitably compensated ' . The passenger has already made a fortune out of the Daily Mirror and probably more to come (she may be working her way towards a Damehood ?). By the time the Insurance has paid out too, it could well have been a bit like a lottery win.  The passenger claimed that "She now feels safer that Phillip is off the road".  The driver of the car that she was in,  was certainly not 'hanging around' when the collision occurred ! 

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:12, Westley said:

What purpose would a prosecution have served   ?   Apart from the Court costs, the hearing would have been held in his absence, nothing achieved by putting points onto a licence he no longer has, so, 'not in the Public Interest'  !   I feel that the other parties involved will be, WELL,' suitably compensated ' . The passenger has already made a fortune out of the Daily Mirror and probably more to come (she may be working her way towards a Damehood ?). By the time the Insurance has paid out too, it could well have been a bit like a lottery win.  The passenger claimed that "She now feels safer that Phillip is off the road".  The driver of the car that she was in,  was certainly not 'hanging around' when the collision occurred ! 

Must take a lot of energy to roll a Royal Land Rover!

Also interesting to note that the speed limit on that stretch of road has been dropped from 50 to 40 soon after the incident!