Not exactly sporting.....

strimmer_13

This about sums up my day.

My mate got a new bit of land back home (160mile away) so we had to check it out asap. Apparently its riddled with pigeons, so much so that hes lost 40+ acres of rape and turnip. Could we have a go. Sure thing be there this weekend. Sweet. Its land ive looked at for 20 years and always wanted to wonder about on. 

So we set up the hides, puts the decoys out, and instantly drag a few in. We wernt even set up and they are coming in. Promising day ahead.

Literally had about 2 shots then nothing all day. We wasted more shells trying to move them out the woods about 800 yards opposite then shots on quarry. For 5 hours i had 2 for 2 proper shots. Absolute waste of time. Saw probably 15 all day. At the start, but we had travelled so far we decided to stay put. 

This is the kicker. The farmer drives down on his tractor to tell us its all bust, its financially not worth saving and hes putting the ewes on it. ********. 

5 mins later, watching the ewes come down we decide enough is enough and get the decoys in. Then i find this. It cheered me up immensely , even the ewe thought it was so rubbish here she had to **** on my decoy 😂🙈

Long story short - rubbish day, decoy got **** on! 

IMG_20190209_173225.jpg

IMG_20190209_123258.jpg.6219325dadb1099e07ef5a25b5b790e6.jpg

Stunning area. See if charlie is out tonight