Article on Fibre versus Plastic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard data for you to agrue with below:-

24 grains A1 32g lead fibre wad       1230 fps @2.5m  494 Bar

24 grains A1 32g lead plastic wad   1280 fps @ 2.5m  585 Bar

I'm not an academic sitting behind a desk calculating this ..this is data from reloading sheets I use ... there are countless other examples I could post.

I can't get speeds from my own chrony for fibre .. 'cos it doesn't measure it. Look at the famous shot speed table at the top of this section .. how many fibre in there? Is it because he's not keen enough?

There's nearly 100bar increase in pressure putting a plastic wad in the example above ... please open your mind to the facts, or show some of your own.

Edited by Smokersmith
Pulled the trigger too soon!

9 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

It certainly seems that way doesn't it? Maybe they've been listening to your drivel too.

Or maybe they have technician that know what they are talking about because they actually studied the matter rather than giving voice to abstract and absurd theories.  I wonder why they are not hiring you rather than overpay physics, ballistic and chemical experts....

You still have not produce a single piece of hard evidence to back your theory up ... strange ....

Edited by Continental Shooter

2 hours ago, Continental Shooter said:

Or maybe they have technician that know what they are talking about because they actually studied the matter rather than giving voice to abstract and absurd theories.  I wonder why they are not hiring you rather than overpay physics, ballistic and chemical experts....

You still have not produce a single piece of hard evidence to back your theory up ... strange ....

Abstract and absurd??? ROFLMFAO, I'm afraid you have the monopoly on that one duckie.

I happen to be at work rather than being a layabout student. I have no need to prove myself to you. 30 plus years experience does that for me and i'm the only one that matters.

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Hard data for you to agrue with below:-

24 grains A1 32g lead fibre wad       1230 fps @2.5m  494 Bar

24 grains A1 32g lead plastic wad   1280 fps @ 2.5m  585 Bar

I'm not an academic sitting behind a desk calculating this ..this is data from reloading sheets I use ... there are countless other examples I could post.

I can't get speeds from my own chrony for fibre .. 'cos it doesn't measure it. Look at the famous shot speed table at the top of this section .. how many fibre in there? Is it because he's not keen enough?

There's nearly 100bar increase in pressure putting a plastic wad in the example above ... please open your mind to the facts, or show some of your own.

So you are saying that nearly 100 bar escapes around the edges of a tightly fitted fibre wad, you are deluded.

You are also working of a data sheet, not actual loads in the field. Not my issue if your chono is inferior and doesn't measure fibre loads. Try it 2.5m from the muzzle like the industry does.

4 hours ago, Diss4111 said:

Abstract and absurd??? ROFLMFAO, I'm afraid you have the monopoly on that one duckie.

I happen to be at work rather than being a layabout student. I have no need to prove myself to you. 30 plus years experience does that for me and i'm the only one that matter

You probably have not read my earlier posts, but I am nearly 40 myself, I have a job, nearly 3 degrees, speak 4 languages and have a family with 2 kids... And even if I were a student...It'll probably count more than all the years you spent in the field in terms of hard data and knowledge. So, I'd probably say you're not worth my time with your made up stories. Ta-ta 

3 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

None taken !!

It’s just factual data.

If you can measure speed and pressure in the field, I have to bow to your talent.

Not worth the time mate, he'll probably say that his field experience count most than data...

20 hours ago, Diss4111 said:

You are also working of a data sheet, not actual loads in the field. Not my issue if your chono is inferior and doesn't measure fibre loads. Try it 2.5m from the muzzle like the industry does.

Wow, just realised another idiocy by the man from the field.  I think you need a little education on most aspects of reloading you can't just honour saying stupid things like these without a shadow of knowledge. Do you really think manufacturers use chronograph to measure speed are you that silly? If that's the case, plus the previous post, you really need a babysitter or special assistance before being allowed near a keyboard

George non toxic TSS Tungsten Super Shot is manufactured in China and available from many suppliers.

The Chinese plastics manufacturers will make whatever wads you want.  Plenty of people use China for plastic mouldings in bulk. Shipping and transport costs may not make it worthwhile. But must be worth looking into if you use large volumes.

All I know is that (for me at least) fibre wad carts kill as well as plastic ones. With the bonus of not leaving little bits of plastic on the floor. 

None of my permissions allow plastic now either. Can't say I blame them. A few feet per second either way is immaterial at 30 to 40 yards and a (possible)  slight increase in pattern spread is negated with tighter chokes. Certainly not worth dieing in a ditch over. 

1 minute ago, GingerCat said:

All I know is that (for me at least) fibre wad carts kill as well as plastic ones. With the bonus of not leaving little bits of plastic on the floor. 

None of my permissions allow plastic now either. Can't say I blame them. A few feet per second either way is immaterial at 30 to 40 yards and a (possible)  slight increase in pattern spread is negated with tighter chokes. Certainly not worth dieing in a ditch over. 

+1