Trialing dog's that also work

B725

Just now, B725 said:

Forgive my ignorance but a well trained dog should just be that, surely if they are trained to stop on contact flush etc then they should ignore any loopy dog's as that is what I expect from my dog. 

They can do to some degree but surely it's easier not to put your dog in that situation in the first place? Repeatedly having issues with others dogs can cause a number of faults.

Other people leaving their dogs run out of control is a right nuisance, there are an array of issues, other peoples dogs coming and stealing retrieves off your dog. Your dog having several dogs running in whilst it's sat waiting, could cause your dog to start running in or even squeaking. 

On top of that, when you've spent untold time, money and effort training your dog to a really good standard, it's bloody frustrating having other dogs running amok like that. Yes I know not all shoots have dogs running wild, although I think over the years every shoot I've been on at some point has someone (or a few people) with dogs totally out of control, and often the keeper or anyone else is reluctant to tell the owner the dog isn't welcome. Perhaps this is because I've only ever been on tiny shoots not big commercial ones? On smaller shoots they're often just happy to get the numbers in to help out. 

As said before, you will find that people who have very well trained dogs  get invited onto shoots or syndicates that people with mad dogs won't get invited to. Or people who have well behaved dogs and their goal is dog training rather than shooting, might club together into their own little rough shooting syndicates. 

I understand Lloyd, but with my last springer and with Stan I can send the dog for a retrieve and if another mutt is beating him to it I just stop him and recall him back, maybe I'm just over thinking it. We have been asked to go on another shoot next season well Stan has but I will have to tag along with him. 

I would back my Sprocker to find lost birds against any field trial dog.

My first Labrador forged himself something of a reputation as being an excellent dog, so much so that when shooting invitations from one estate came through the post they were addressed to Otter *****.

Well I’ve just booked my next puppy, due the end of the month 🤞🤞(Lloyd90 it’s your fault and you may very well have seen the expectant mother!) and if it’s fast enough to trial, fab, if not it’ll be a much loved shooting companion 😍

Edited by bigbird

1 minute ago, B725 said:

BB you have to keep breeding spanners for a few year's yet as Laura wants one of yours when it's time. 

PS she is getting married next year. 

Might have a litter next year, I hate breeding!! (Out of Turbo 😉😉😉👍)

I know, how lovely, I saw it on FB!!

Edited by bigbird

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well I’ve just booked my next puppy, due the end of the month 🤞🤞(Lloyd90 it’s your fault and you may very well have seen the expectant mother!) and if it’s fast enough to trial, fab, if not it’ll be a much loved shooting companion 😍

Who you having one off? 

If must be the season of love as several of the lads have told me recently that they have bred or are expecting. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Who you having one off? 

If must be the season of love as several of the lads have told me recently that they have bred or are expecting. 

Where you’ve been training 😉

6 minutes ago, B725 said:

Sorry my mistake blame my age I thought it was the dog with the black head, at least with alzimers I meet new friends every day 

😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nope wasn’t me but yeah Olly’s bitch 👍

She's a cracker I saw her run in her first open test as I was throwing the dummies. 

Went like lightning, absolutely rapid :) Can't remember the breeding off top of my head but think he's put her to his dog Angus. 

Anything out of there will be good stuff :) 

41 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

She's a cracker I saw her run in her first open test as I was throwing the dummies. 

Went like lightning, absolutely rapid :) Can't remember the breeding off top of my head but think he's put her to his dog Angus. 

Anything out of there will be good stuff :) 

Yeah I know 😂😂

He messaged me on FB to ask me something and poof as if by magic I had booked a pup 😂😂

Edited by bigbird

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Turbo’s a girl, the liver and white one you saw hunt up when you came up with laura 😂😂

It's all come back to me now indeed it was, the dog I thought was Coal, Stans dad, Laura would have told me I think she knows them all.