SSB 150 Load Data

25 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Top Man 👍 in your opinion how does it compare FPS wise with alliant Steel 

Not sure on fps but know it kills well as far as I can consistently shoot I use it in 2s as an all round middle of the road load on some marshes I go where you can expect only an odd duck with chance of a goose too but I have also loaded it with bbs soley for geese

30 minutes ago, m greeny said:

Not sure on fps but know it kills well as far as I can consistently shoot I use it in 2s as an all round middle of the road load on some marshes I go where you can expect only an odd duck with chance of a goose too but I have also loaded it with bbs soley for geese

Sounds good to me thanks again

Here is the Data from Claygame on SSB150 steel shot crimp finish.

12x3.5"

primer cx2000    powder 36 grains SSB150   wad multi metal 3" 1/8 felt o/s  shot 35 grams. speed 406 meters per second ,pressure 744bar . average from 5 shot string.

12 x 3"

primer G1000 Maxam, powder 43 grains SSB150, wad B&P 32, shot 32 grams. speed 446 meters per second, pressure 535 bar.  average 5 shot string

12 x 2 3/4"

primer cx2000 powder SSB150 32.4 grains. wad VP65, shot 30 grams, speed 426 meters per second, pressure 536 bar. average 5 shot string

There is no mention of what shell case they used but i would think that the ones with cx2000  primers were Cheddite and the one with G1000 primers  is the 3" Maxam case that Claygame sell.

The 2 loads with cx2000 primers were tested at the London proof house and the G1000 was done by Claygame inhouse testing 

Edited by aberisle

1 hour ago, aberisle said:

12 x 3"

primer G1000 Maxam, powder 43 grains SSB150, wad B&P 32, shot 32 grams. speed 446 meters per second, pressure 535 bar.  average 5 shot string

Thst 3 inch load is using a **** lot of powder for only 535 bar, looks like the change in primer has a large effect on pressure in this load.

Edited by Stonepark

Guest cookoff013

there are alot of loads thrown around here. 

take the manufacturers advice, 36g loads seems to be the middle load. and the powder charges are not too crazy throughout, the data they send. if you think of it like this, 

the shell will give out more energy as the heavyer payload needs more energy to start moving. it would be my first port of call.

On 22/02/2019 at 00:32, pestcontrol1 said:

But how many of you use the powder an have noticed that the batch number changed and so did the powder ??

Most of the loads on clay game sheets for this stuff is over pressure and some is not this powders data 

Good point powders do change lot to lot look at A steel newer lots to older in the teens lot numbers its noticeably different in performance\ and pressure. A steel in the early 2000s needed federal 209as or cci 209m to get reliable ignition  especially in lower temps, now in the last lots when it returned on sale here these seem quite happy on cx2000or similar primers. constant vigilance and testing seems the only true way to stay safe the way things are with some powders.

Blue dot changed slightly over the years but nothing close to how A steel has gone.