Shot Count

Wasabi

I'm interested to know how many shots you've put through your trusty guns. My 1994 Miroku 6000 has had about 120,000 through it. It's been tightened once and the teague choke is feeling a bit "loose" on the bottom barrel. What's the general thoughts on realistic shot count for a machine made O/U?

Do you guys really keep track on how many you shoot?

I wouldn't have a clue how many shots my guns have fired (and don't care to be honest) all I know is that they go bang when they need to!  I do get my "good" guns serviced by a local smith every couple of years and keep an eye out for wear and tear but apart from my Beretta 692 none of them have ever let me down..

51 minutes ago, team tractor said:

About 3-4000 max through my lanber in 8 years . 6-8000 through the previous rizzini in 12 years. 

I don’t really shoot clay much .

3000+ 22lr

1500+ 223

400 , 243

1000+ hmr

ive had others but I couldn’t afford to shoot that amount. Mines over 20 + years . 

I note you have plenty of time on your hands to work it out!:whistling:

4 hours ago, Wingman said:

Do you guys really keep track on how many you shoot?

I wouldn't have a clue how many shots my guns have fired (and don't care to be honest) all I know is that they go bang when they need to!  I do get my "good" guns serviced by a local smith every couple of years and keep an eye out for wear and tear but apart from my Beretta 692 none of them have ever let me down..

It's quite easy for me as i  mainly shoot clays. 200 a week make's around 10,000 a year X the 13 years I've owned the gun.

Some of the Berettas they have for doves in Argentina have shot over a million. What they're like o have no idea but still working.

I put more through my 682 Gold E than any gun I've owned around 10k

As i tend to shoot all my guns and have change them often so some only a couple of hundred others a few thousand.