Pigeon Butchery

tomspafford

Welcome to Pigeon Watch!

Personally we do all the bloody stuff in the field and bring the breasted birds back in plastic bags for the freezer.

If you are intent upon getting your butcher to do the work for you, visit him and ask. I am sure if you are a good customer he may well do the work for you for a price.

Personally I just take out the breast meat from pigeons and this is easily done out in the field, Meat in one bag and carcase in another for disposal ..DON'T CHUCK THEM IN THE HEDGE BOTTOM ..    You can simply give them a swill when you get home and in the freezer, smoker, crock pot whatever.  Hot smoked pigeon breasts, sliced thinly are delicious or look at the pineapple recipe I put on a day or two ago.

Hiya,

Just joined pigeon watch this morning. I shoot clays but I’m interested in doing a bit of wild shooting now and then and I’m wondering how you get into it? I live in Warrington north west. Any info would be great

28 minutes ago, dipper said:

Getting quarry ready for the table is all part of shooting.Man up get somone to show you.

Once shown it is very easy I once made pigeon pate which was spot on 

25 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

Hiya,

Just joined pigeon watch this morning. I shoot clays but I’m interested in doing a bit of wild shooting now and then and I’m wondering how you get into it? I live in Warrington north west. Any info would be great

Once shown it is very easy I once made pigeon pate which was spot on 

Good morning, go along to the Welcome To Pigeon Watch Section and introduce yourself.

Then have a good look around the site and read lots.