Sign in to follow this  

What have I been missing

I am 67 years young all my life I have shot guns of some sort or other, so, I always thought that the 20 bore was a gun for ladies (how wrong I have been) I bought a new 20 bore 28" over and under and what a difference it has made to my shooting, I have found the right cartridge and chokes that most certainly work. Cartridge Hull High Phesant Extream 5 or 6 shot fibre wad, chokes modified and half brilliant setup, I am hitting and killing birds that I never thought possible give one a try I am so glad I did.

bout time you saw the light,out of 6 guns i have my fave is my ou 20g,but also got a hushy 20 an a sa 20 as well.

I don’t understand chokes I have this gun with multi chokes I put two in, one has two slots in it the other three, I am pleased with results shot pigeon high pigeon in a beach wood and lots of crows.

I may buy another and get rid of a couple of 12 bore guns I don’t use, I do shoot a lot out three or more days a week I am so pleased.

56 minutes ago, 24230 said:

I don’t understand chokes I have this gun with multi chokes I put two in, one has two slots in it the other three, I am pleased with results shot pigeon high pigeon in a beach wood and lots of crows.

I may buy another and get rid of a couple of 12 bore guns I don’t use, I do shoot a lot out three or more days a week I am so pleased.

Then the two slots should be 3/4 or Improved Modified and the 3 slots would suggest 1/2 or modified, one is an English name and the other American.

Simply put, if it works for you stick with it.

I shoot 3/4 and Full with my O/U and Full in the Semi-Auto.