Best fowling locations?

wildfowler.250

On 20/02/2019 at 18:08, misser said:

I regularly shot the day ticket marsh until we were robbed of it by sefton council....I might have  bumped into you scolopax as I remember talking to a couple of blokes from the east coast, at the time I thought bloody hell they must be keen!!...atb...misser

Robbed indeed, I had a couple of tickets for the last ever day wildfowling on that area. Yes we were mad keen, I was in my early twenties but always bought a second ticket so my brother or a mate could come with me. I had never seen wildfowl like it, wigeon which looked like vast clouds of waders when first seen, and skein after skein of Pinks flighting across the salt marsh thirty yards up even on a still day. Hardly ever heard a shot from the vast club marsh. All the other fowlers we met seemed to be good lads.

Edited by scolopax

Considering it was ten tickets per day six days a week the bag returns were unbelievable...as you say wigeon were in there thousands and even on a still day you could get a pink...those were the days and its not rose tinted spectacle reminiscing....the place was unbelievable...the club marsh sadly is not quite as good as it used to be due to not being grazed...met a lot of decent lads on that little roadside carpark..atb...misser