Our local hospital is gone then

team tractor

53 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He’s in a spot of bother then. We had a hit and run which killed a 91 year old at Xmas. Turned out I knew the guy and had only just had an argument with him months before on site after he sprayedbrick acid up my van. 

Small town that’s well known /famous. 

24 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am sure there are some nice people too!

Me 😀😀

Tamworth is one of the oldest towns in the country.

home to sir Robert peel ( police creator  ) 

colin grazier, the man who captured the enigma machine in ww2 . 

The robin reliant 

lots of horrible, lots of lovely people like any other town . 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Didn't you do some carpentry there recently Nath? The old curse strikes again!!

No but I supplied some firedoors to a retirement home last year and it’s burnt down since. Honest truth lol. That was a cigarette tho and my doors did the job according to investigators :) 

3 hours ago, sportsbob said:

No such car , it was a "Reliant Robin" why do people get this one car so wrong.

We don’t get it wrong . 

My grandad worked at Reliant and it’s a massive part of us. He was the most well known man in the place .  I’ve a load of tooling from there but I know reliant made  robin, kitten, scimitar .

my grandad was a carpenter making them .  

Lots of people call it robin reliant or reliant robin. It’s a Tamworth thing I guess. It’s litery 500 yards from my workshop ( when it existed) 

On a side note if anyone wants special tools to work on one it’s all in my garage. I’ll never use it .

It’s a shame the company has gone or never moved on as it was a huge place employing loads of local people. 

3 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

Oh dear, not good and gonna cost a fortune let alone inconvenience. 

Dropped a fire door on my bootless foot a little while ago nath 😫 don’t think it’s broken though 😃

My Mrs even though mixed race is related to Sir Robert peel. God knows how that all worked out lol

Tell her to do a family tree dude. I wonder how far back the races were changed. It really wasn’t like now as you know. Must of been awkward I guess ???  Be great to know 

I shoot at Robert peels old house. He lost it gambling I was told. 

Oh and she doesn’t have the shooting rights lol 

Edited by team tractor

2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

The caretaker at Tamworth library is a wealth of information about the place, he showed us all the landmarks from off the roof.

Really ?  What’s the landmarks out of interest? 

Town hall, castle, rivers , hopwas Wood was Henry the 8th hunting ground and I’ve worked in his lodge. Loads of history here. 

5 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

Oh dear, not good and gonna cost a fortune let alone inconvenience. 

Dropped a fire door on my bootless foot a little while ago nath 😫 don’t think it’s broken though 😃

My Mrs even though mixed race is related to Sir Robert peel. God knows how that all worked out lol

The low availability of mental health beds was already a massive problem across the whole country. 

This is going to be a nightmare for local service and likely have a huge knock on effect stemming outwards as well. 

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

Really ?  What’s the landmarks out of interest? 

Town hall, castle, rivers , hopwas Wood was Henry the 8th hunting ground and I’ve worked in his lodge. Loads of history here. 

The castle and Robert Peel plus others that I can't remember. He's a really interesting bloke who served in the forces and is approachable and a mine of information about all things Tamworth. I think he does photography courses and the photos in the library are his work. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but if you nip in the library and ask for the caretaker I think he'd be only too happy to chat. Just tell him the roofers sent you!