team tractor

Our local hospital is gone then

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

We don’t get it wrong . 

My grandad worked at Reliant and it’s a massive part of us. He was the most well known man in the place .  I’ve a load of tooling from there but I know reliant made  robin, kitten, scimitar .

my grandad was a carpenter making them .  

Lots of people call it robin reliant or reliant robin. It’s a Tamworth thing I guess. It’s litery 500 yards from my workshop ( when it existed) 

On a side note if anyone wants special tools to work on one it’s all in my garage. I’ll never use it .

It’s a shame the company has gone or never moved on as it was a huge place employing loads of local people. 

Tell her to do a family tree dude. I wonder how far back the races were changed. It really wasn’t like now as you know. Must of been awkward I guess   Be great to know 

I shoot at Robert peels old house. He lost it gambling I was told. 

Oh and she doesn’t have the shooting rights lol 

Yeah she should really. Mrs Dads (he died 5 years ago) mums side are Peels. She doesn’t know the full details but knows they are related. 

😂 I’m gonna have her contest that lol

18 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

The castle and Robert Peel plus others that I can't remember. He's a really interesting bloke who served in the forces and is approachable and a mine of information about all things Tamworth. I think he does photography courses and the photos in the library are his work. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but if you nip in the library and ask for the caretaker I think he'd be only too happy to chat. Just tell him the roofers sent you!

Cheers 👍

4 hours ago, team tractor said:

We don’t get it wrong .

Lots of people call it robin reliant or reliant robin. It’s a Tamworth thing I guess. It’s litery 500 yards from my workshop ( when it existed )

People all over the country get it wrong.

12 hours ago, miroku mk70 said:

Pyromaniac sandyback tamyams!! 

At least your not from Nuneaton...

Nuneaton may be bad but Beduth is worse. 

I moved to Atherstone... or "Ratherstoned" as one of the signs now says :D

Haven't been to Tamworth in years!

49 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

People all over the country get it wrong.

Its not wrong if they know what it is tho . It’s a robin and I know that . It’s really not a big deal 

41 minutes ago, Opossum said:

I moved to Atherstone... or "Ratherstoned" as one of the signs now says :D

Haven't been to Tamworth in years!

People from Atherstone always say . Give me 6 ??? When they greet each other so I’ve heard ;) 

6 hours ago, team tractor said:

We don’t get it wrong . 

My grandad worked at Reliant and it’s a massive part of us. He was the most well known man in the place .  I’ve a load of tooling from there but I know reliant made  robin, kitten, scimitar .

my grandad was a carpenter making them .  

Lots of people call it robin reliant or reliant robin. It’s a Tamworth thing I guess. It’s litery 500 yards from my workshop ( when it existed) 

On a side note if anyone wants special tools to work on one it’s all in my garage. I’ll never use it .

It’s a shame the company has gone or never moved on as it was a huge place employing loads of local people. 

Tell her to do a family tree dude. I wonder how far back the races were changed. It really wasn’t like now as you know. Must of been awkward I guess   Be great to know 

I shoot at Robert peels old house. He lost it gambling I was told. 

Oh and she doesn’t have the shooting rights lol 

Here is the list,great wee cars ,bucktooth esther  rantzen had a lot to do with its downfall ,kept on for months on her prog how  much of a fire hazard they were,reliant also had the most sections of owners clubs in the country,loved them 

7cwt, 10cwt 1935–1939

8cwt, 10cwt, 12cwt 1946-1950

Regent 1950–1956

Regal 1953–1973 and Supervan III

Sabre 1961–1964

Scimitar GT 1964–1970

Rebel 1964–1974

FW5 1966–1975

TW9 1967–1987

Scimitar GTE/GTC 1968–1986

Robin 1973–1982, 1989–2002

Kitten 1975–1982

FW11 1977

Rialto 1982–1997

Fox 1982–1990

Scimitar SS1/SST 1984–1992

Scimitar Sabre 1992–1995

9 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Crickey brick acid, guns and fires I am looking to move but it will not be there.

Why ? It’s not Birmingham. We have the same old idiots robbing vans like any town but that’s about it. Guns in shops and amazing choice of shops here (10+ in 15 miles)

brick acid was on site by a scote washing drives.