License lapsed as renewal still not granted

Beardo

On 19/02/2019 at 23:56, shaun4860 said:

They have stopped visits up here in Northumberland for people aged between 21-65 providing it’s not their first renewal.

This is for shotguns, don’t know about firearms.

We just get a phone call interview, ssves on the hobnobs ☺️

:shaun:

That's normally been my experience, but this time they went to the far end of a f-art......  They phoned my referee and questioned him in depth, tested my safe, took out all the guns and cross referenced serial numbers against my ticket, wanted to see all my medication (after declaring a heart attack from 4 years ago), wanted to see my clay ground membership details, AND ate all my Hobnob's😳.

I was starting to feel like I'd done something wrong, so I asked 'why the in-depth investigation' this time?  I was told "We're not too busy at the moment, so we have plenty of time to go through the process"🙄

Nice guy though, the FEO; and 9 days later I have received my renewal👍

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:31, Beardo said:

So i sent back an email requesting a section 7 on Feb 12, damned if i'm paying £10 a rifle per month for storage. Got a call this morning from a FLO based up in Huntingtdon - went through the normal questions. He tried to get me to lower my ammo hold amounts as he said Cambs didn't like that much. I politely explained they'd already been granted by Herts and it makes sense when buying expanding heads. So he relented.
No visit apparently. Granted renewal.

you can buy as many bullets as you want nick, its only loaded rounds that count for your hold limits. how many are they allowing and on what calibers?

Hi

Had my renewal reminder through this week from South Wales and if I am reading this right,  as long as I send in my application by the 10th April they will add 8 weeks extension past my 6th June expiry date.

They must have a backlog and this is the alternative to a section 7

Ade

Screenshot_20190224-144953_Gallery.jpg

17 hours ago, Ade1971 said:

Hi

Had my renewal reminder through this week from South Wales and if I am reading this right,  as long as I send in my application by the 10th April they will add 8 weeks extension past my 6th June expiry date.

They must have a backlog and this is the alternative to a section 7

Ade

I had my renewal last year with South Wales.  I also had the original certificate extended by a couple of months until everything was sorted.

Not able to purchase ammunition with it though.

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2019 at 20:09, oowee said:

It would be interesting to see the number of licences in an area (the income) and the operating costs for running firearms licencing. I don't think BASC have done the exercise under FOI but I will drop them a line and ask. You would expect the budget to cover the costs after the meetings to determine licencing costs. Either the budget was wrong or the money has gone elsewhere. 

Well avon and Somerset are one man down as a chap I know who worked for the licensing team left last friday. And no they had not bought in a replacement. So as far as I'm aware they are even less staffed now. Id think there's a fair few licence holders in AVS 

• 1 month later...

Emailed a couple of weeks ago for an update on my renewal and was told they are dealing with renewals on an expiry date basis

So just received an email to return my shotgun certificate so they can issue my first coterminous renewal by return of post.

So looks like no FEO visit on this renewal and hopefully the closed restriction will have been opened.