Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bumpy22

falcon prarie

Recommended Posts

i have a falcon prarie mufitshot skeleton thumbhole that is dipped in hydrographics. the problem i have is that it had a leak and will not charge now. i have tried a few shops recently with no joy. saying parts are a issue and cant fix it. so if anyone is interested in the gun drop me a pm. dont really want to put this in sales as it is not working more for one of the airgun experts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, there cannot be much wrong with it maybe a seal ? easy to strip down, or just put an ad spares or repair, nice project for someone, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, there cannot be much wrong with it maybe a seal ? easy to strip down, or just put an ad spares or repair, nice project for someone, cheers

+1. This sounds like just a seal, surely? Any idea where/when the air escapes from, or how quickly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

i have a falcon prarie mufitshot skeleton thumbhole that is dipped in hydrographics. the problem i have is that it had a leak and will not charge now. i have tried a few shops recently with no joy. saying parts are a issue and cant fix it. so if anyone is interested in the gun drop me a pm. dont really want to put this in sales as it is not working more for one of the airgun experts

Sounds more like there not interested in fixing it, probably only going to be an o ring or something minor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be the pair of o rings on the filler valve as if not used regularly they dry out and lose pressure, last time my fn19 went, parts (replacing all seals) were £6, labour £30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got the same on my fn19. Took it to 3 of the closest shops and none would do it. Too old was one reason, too busy another, third was we dont stock parts. Honestly you try and give work out and they dont want it. Now they wont get my servicing or custom again. 

So ive bought a seal kit of the bay, ill do it myself. Seen a few vids online, but ill have a google see what turns up. Only problem is, most vids or photos published on some sites, are links to photobucket or some such and they have expired. Or falcon forum isnt open 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have a look on eBay for a DVD, i got one for the Axor i bought, tr robb, so i imagine there will be one for the Falcons.

10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Ive got the same on my fn19. Took it to 3 of the closest shops and none would do it. Too old was one reason, too busy another, third was we dont stock parts. Honestly you try and give work out and they dont want it. Now they wont get my servicing or custom again. 

So ive bought a seal kit of the bay, ill do it myself. Seen a few vids online, but ill have a google see what turns up. Only problem is, most vids or photos published on some sites, are links to photobucket or some such and they have expired. Or falcon forum isnt open 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a TR ROBB dvd, I have rebuilt 2 Falcons from our club using his instructions. His presentation technique is not exactly dynamic but it shows the correct way around the rifle. They are actually quite well made and engineered so a full set of orings some silicon grease, a bit of time and some tolls will have it well on its way.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...