redial

Anyone use a 20b semi.

Hi,

Thinking of buying a 20 bore semi for some informal clay shooting.

I wouldn't feel under gunned these days, with lighter loads being commonplace.

I would like to do a little of most disciplines, so m/c, but not essential as just for pleasure. Not competition.

What should I be looking at ?

Thank you.

Edited by redial

I don’t shoot clays but I have a armsan 20 bore and us it all the time on pigeons and crows I don’t get any conplants.

I think the Armsan would take some beating for value for money. My shooting pal has 1 in 12 bore and it is great, far better than any of the rivals in that price bracket.

I've got a 20G Hatsan Junior. Took it out clays, broke everything with 21g cartridges. That was £150. 

26 inch barrelled Breda which is a Beretta copy-1/2 choke kills everything.

if you can kill it with a 12-you can kill it with a 20.

f.

chap who shoots at our club has started using a Hatsan 20b, he loves it. Havn't shot it myself but I am tempted to see see if he would let me have a ago.

Edited by Jbob

Tried most but Benelli M2 and Beretta 391 are my personal faves. Just scored a mint v.low use 391 with all its original bits for £600. Utter bargain. Will handle 24gm loads all day long (if kept clean) and a sweeter handling gun you will struggle to find. If you want quick handling (as I prefer) go for 26” and the 28” is a little slower. The M2 I had was also a peach but was sensitive with some 24gm loads 28gm were a cert tho. 

I bought a 20b Hatsan from Derekbomag on here. Top lad and a very good gun. No problems at all. Got rid when grandson moved onto another hobby.

I had a Benelli and it was cartridge fussy, didn’t like 24 gram cartridges and needed to be 70mm case. Mate just bought a super sport and that’s the same, fussy. Think reading somewhere one of the main brands was not great. Nothing worse than having a shot then seeing the case stuck in the breech!

On 13/02/2019 at 22:28, Fuddster said:

26 inch barrelled Breda which is a Beretta copy-1/2 choke kills everything.

if you can kill it with a 12-you can kill it with a 20.

f.

We had one which was used on the BASC Coaching Clinic. What you don't want mid lesson is the gun letting you down. It never did.