Lanber extended chokes

Bungle The Bear

I have an old Lanber that I use for hide / pigeon shooting, there were two chokes in the gun when I got it, these are extended, and numbered 10 and 5, which I believe are full and half, can you still buy these chokes..? the chokes appear to be almost welded in, I think I would need a pair of stilsons to remove them.

Is there a key for these ,or were they originally screw in by hand ?

The safety catch has failed too, I see this is a common fault with these guns, does anyone have any experience of repairing this fault, is it a DIY or smith work ? obviously I don't want to spend much, as its only for sitting in the hide, but at the same time it fits well and I shoot well with it.

2 hours ago, Bungle The Bear said:

I have an old Lanber that I use for hide / pigeon shooting, there were two chokes in the gun when I got it, these are extended, and numbered 10 and 5, which I believe are full and half, can you still buy these chokes..? the chokes appear to be almost welded in, I think I would need a pair of stilsons to remove them.

The safety catch has failed too, I see this is a common fault with these guns, does anyone have any experience of repairing this fault, is it a DIY or smith work ? obviously I don't want to spend much, as its only for sitting in the hide, but at the same time it fits well and I shoot well with it.

If you get a webing oil filter removal tool the cheap ones from most discount motor factors. You can generaly get extended chokes out with these,

13 hours ago, Bungle The Bear said:

Regarding the chokes I'd imagine the 5 and 10 on the chokes is the constriction in thousandths which would be nearer Skeet and quarter or so.

Are you sure the safety has failed or could it be just a non-auto safe? Easy enough to make it auto safe. Or is it some other fault you mean?