Should She be Allowed Back in to the UK

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/02/2019 at 22:07, ehb102 said:

Beth Aze says it better than I can.

Shamina Begum was 15 when she was influenced online through communication by adults. She was Groomed. She was then transported from the UK to Syria by adults. She was Trafficked. She was then married to, and conceived a child by, a 27 year old man. Still 15. She was raped / sexually exploited / sexually abused. She then experienced beheadings, knew of torture, and her two young children died. She was, is, traumatised. The response of the UK media and Government is victim blaming. This young woman, and her unborn child, need help. Like many victims of grooming, exploitation, abuse & trauma, she is defensive, distrustful, trying to hang onto what she was led to believe, and now slightly older than ‘a child’. That doesn’t change what has happened or what she needs.

From me: I hear a lot of sympathy on this site for men who were violent at a young age. Shame you can't extend the same sympathy for a young woman who was at worst gullible and malleable.

Eloquent but very wrong.

1 minute ago, Dekers said:

She isn't sorry and doesn't disown ISIS.

She is simply looking after her own interests.

Frankly she comes over as arrogant and unrepentant.

Dangerous, keep her out!

This is my problem. 15 year olds are impressionable, they're idiotic, easily lead and make mistakes that they live to regret. She could have been hopelessly naive and clueless as to any kind of endgame. If she'd been desperately broken, shell shocked, appalled and regret it all bitterly...Had she been thus and prepared to face the consequences, I'd say it'd be better to get her and the child back...

BUT she's just so entitled! You can't demand sympathy, or claim to deserve mercy yet show no remorse. I still feel for the baby, but she has no respect for our country and is showing complete disregard for the country to which she wants to return. 

Can we welcome her home, take the baby into care, then send her back? can you buy Return To Sender labels for terrorists?? 

9 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

This is my problem. 15 year olds are impressionable, they're idiotic, easily lead and make mistakes that they live to regret. She could have been hopelessly naive and clueless as to any kind of endgame. If she'd been desperately broken, shell shocked, appalled and regret it all bitterly...Had she been thus and prepared to face the consequences, I'd say it'd be better to get her and the child back...

BUT she's just so entitled! You can't demand sympathy, or claim to deserve mercy yet show no remorse. I still feel for the baby, but she has no respect for our country and is showing complete disregard for the country to which she wants to return. 

Can we welcome her home, take the baby into care, then send her back? can you buy Return To Sender labels for terrorists?? 

She was not impressionable, she wasnt naive and wasnt lead, she went there, she saw and is happy to talk about seeing beheadings and now says Manchester arena was retaliation for bombings in syria, she can stay and rot over there. I couldn't care about her age. She is not a victim she is a terrorist. 

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Anyone know if her two kids that died were boys or girls?

One of each apparently.

Personally I think the whole thing is being exploited by the government to get some temporary relief from the press focus on the shambles that is Brexit.

Lots of opinions and judgements all over social media around this story but the fact of the matter is she's a British subject and we can't prevent her coming back although we can exercise the full force of the law on her if she does.

Personally I'd like to see much more focus around protecting those that went to fight AGAINST ISIS for the likes of YPG from being charged with terror offences.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

She will be back on UK soil without a doubt, remember the bomber that blew Pan Am 103 out of the sky over Lockerbie ?what did the UK government do ? after he developed cancer he was flown home to Libya to live out his remaining days a free man. 🤮

But that was Jockanese decision!