Should She be Allowed Back in to the UK

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

According to the Independant, she doesn't have Bangladeshi citizenship. So, by removing her UK Citizenship, she's now stateless!  Her lawyer will be plotting the next stage...compensation! 

The situation is complicated, she's not stateless, her mother is Bangladeshi and this gives her daughter implied Bangladeshi nationality. 

Its by no means the end of the matter, but I applaud the bravery of the home office to take this course. 

For her to do the things she's done, then say the things she's said, justifying the crimes of IS, shows she is not fit to return here, and would likely leave us with a bill for 24hr protection for her. 

29 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The situation is complicated, she's not stateless, her mother is Bangladeshi and this gives her daughter implied Bangladeshi nationality. 

Its by no means the end of the matter, but I applaud the bravery of the home office to take this course. 

For her to do the things she's done, then say the things she's said, justifying the crimes of IS, shows she is not fit to return here, and would likely leave us with a bill for 24hr protection for her. 

Her lawyer should be kicked out of the UK also. One one side of the argument, it's wonderful that she can be legally represented in the UK...however, if the roles were reversed, in the IS, would she even dare to be thinking about returning there?  I bet there's not ANY lawyers that have argued against ISIS....and lived to tell the tale! 

My apologies if I have not picked up on all the detail but the Home Secretary is trying to revoke her citizenship as far as I'm aware.

This will inevitably cost a fortune and she will almost certainly appeal, which will mean a lengthy and VERY expensive legal battle between our Government and Judiciary, which may ultimately end up with even higher courts.   If/when she is successful she will no doubt cost us all a fortune more in benefits of all sorts!

ALL funded by you and me!

I can't help thinking there are far cheaper ways to solve this specific problem permanently.

10 hours ago, Rewulf said:

+1

9 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Her lawyer should be kicked out of the UK also. One one side of the argument, it's wonderful that she can be legally represented in the UK...however, if the roles were reversed, in the IS, would she even dare to be thinking about returning there?  I bet there's not ANY lawyers that have argued against ISIS....and lived to tell the tale! 

Great idea, so you want the UK to be a little more like IS and kick someone out of the UK for doing their job?

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Luckily we don't live in a country like that. 

Amen

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Apparently the Home Secretary has said he will remove her citizenship and her right to return, presumably a lot of very well paid lawyers will have looked at the situation and told him it is possible.

I await the next development in this awful story.

You can only just imagine the number of opinions he has taken. Fair play they are having a crack at it.