Should She be Allowed Back in to the UK

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Abbott knows exactly why the baby died. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/shamima-begum-diane-abbot-blames-14108857.amp

But then, she also believes that she's a rape target for far right extremists. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6788195/Diane-Abbott-fears-raped-murdered-extremists-online-trolls.html

15 hours ago, panoma1 said:

So you think it wasn't irresponsible and negligent for this woman to conceive (allegedly!) three babies in a war zone/refugee camp? What do you think she thought, would happen? That she could draw benefits? Visit a food bank? Visit a doctors post natal child welfare group? Get child health and welfare support?

By the same reasoning the UK government are also culpable in the death of the child as well. 

Rightly or wrongly I genuinely feel sorry for this woman. We all do some very stupid things as impressionable teenagers, and whether she envisioned some twisted holy crusade on the arms of a freedom fighter or what ( yet access to the web can nowadays dispel immediately any romantic visions of warfare someone may believe it to be ) I don't know; and being exposed to some of the things she has been exposed to as a teenaged girl must have left its mark, although according to her it hasn't really bothered her. Do I feel sorry for her enough to think she should be allowed to return? Not really.

Did we really want to run the risk of her indoctrinating her newborn son throughout his life? I don't think it would have been a risk worth taking. . Now that risk has gone, and although I still genuinely feel sorry for her I still don't want her back. If one day the realisation of the magnitude of her predicament, coupled with the realisation she brought it all upon herself, dawns on her, she will be in a mess. The fact she allegedly named her newborn after some 14th century islamic warlord, makes me consider that that day may still be some time off as yet. 

Edited by Scully

54 minutes ago, henry d said:

By the same reasoning the UK government are also culpable in the death of the child as well. 

That's like saying the government is responsible for the death of my  child in a motorway car crash, because they set the speed limit too high at 70 mph. 

Even though I was doing 90, and didn't bother with the child's seat belt or child seat? 

If she's old enough to have children, she should be mature and responsible enough to look after them. 

She CHOSE to go there and raise jihadis, they were going to die anyway at some point, that was the destiny she CHOSE for them and herself. 

a tragic tale of what the internet and brain washing..and fake news can do..........................im not saying wether or not she should be allowed to return...but i will say that since the death of her children and the brick wall she has hit regards her assumed right of abode............i would imajine there would be a well of contained hatred within her...just waiting for the right time to surface.............and i think no ammount of councilling would dispel that.............i think she is a loaded and primed weapon now...

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

a tragic tale of what the internet and brain washing..and fake news can do..........................im not saying wether or not she should be allowed to return...but i will say that since the death of her children and the brick wall she has hit regards her assumed right of abode............i would imajine there would be a well of contained hatred within her...just waiting for the right time to surface.............and i think no ammount of councilling would dispel that.............i think she is a loaded and primed weapon now...

Thats what i was thinking.. Its also hard to imagine that those close to her will be over chuffed either

1 hour ago, silver pigeon69 said:

I'm surprised that someone with such high moral standards (especially towards a woman) can allow themselves to live in Saudi.

I was effectively exiled by my own government (like the Begum girl). Nowhere else to go that I can earn a living..

55 minutes ago, matone said:

Why do people not accept that her predicament is of her own choosing and making and no one elses.

Because she was 15 when she made the choice from which her present circumstances stem. Why,  for years and years, has it been deemed illegal to have sex with minors under 16? It's precisely because they are not deemed capable of  making potentially life-changing decisions themselves.. If this girl had willingly run off with her English teacher to join a violent religious cult in New Mexico, nobody would be calling her anything other than a victim. Adults helped her travel to Syria.  Why should she be held to a different standard? And what about her family? https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31575908

Edited by Retsdon

45 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Scully - a thoughtful and accurate post in my book.

ditchman - got to agree.

Thanks; a truly awful position to be in, and as a father I genuinely feel for her parents, because I happen to agree with Ditchy too...not a risk worth taking in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Adults helped her travel to Syria.  Why should she be held to a different standard? And what about her family?

Do you seriously believe her family didnt have prior knowledge or assist her ?
Its all very well pointing out how sorrowful her family were, they couldnt exactly do anything different without opening themselves up to prosecution.
Her father is known to have radical sympathies, and where did she get the money to travel from ?

Some people are very quick to point their fingers at authority , would D.Abbott be apportioning blame to the government if labour were in power ?
If all these people with their liberal agendas felt so much empathy for her and her child , why didnt they fly out there and make sure she was OK, ,maybe fly her out to a 3rd country with better facilities, Im assuming shes not being detained by the Syrian authorities , as she seems able to move between camps and over the Iraqi border ?

Excuses ! For her behaviour ,  her lack of remorse for victims of IS , her statehood was relinquished when she joined the Caliphate , and she supported wholesale murder of innocent people.

She refuses to acknowledge the mistakes she made resulted in the deaths of her children, and will use those deaths for sympathy so she can get back here and continue with her radical lifestyle.
If she really believes the UK are responsible for her life so far, she is really not suitable to be part of society here, as the first chance she gets, she will want revenge.

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Exactly my feelings the woman is a ticking time bomb 

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Until proven differently it's all fake news Ditchie! Is/was she really married? Legally? Or just jump over a broom? Did she really have two children that died? Did anyone see a third child or just a bundle of rags? If it was a child was it hers? Did she participate in barbaric acts? Did she in any way aid and abet murder? .....many, many question.....the only answers we've got are what she and the media wish us to believe!

Forget hersay stick to known facts.....she has pledged alliegence to and is a member of IS, so keep her out, decide on a way forward when/if she comes up with all the answers...until she does, she stays where she is!

16 hours ago, Retsdon said:

What is she supposed to have done?

That's just it. No one knows what She has done or what She is capable of if She was allowed to return.

I have zero sympathy for Her, just like She has zero sympathy for the victims of the regime She joined or possibly Her personal victims.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

That's just it. No one knows what She has done or what She is capable of if She was allowed to return.

I have zero sympathy for Her, just like She has zero sympathy for the victims of the regime She joined or possibly Her personal victims.

this

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

It is sad news about the baby, but the responsibility for its death is hers and hers alone.  

Do you smoke, take drugs, alcohol, live in an area that is polluted, sad news about your baby, the responsibility is yours and yours alone...