Should She be Allowed Back in to the UK

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

the way i read this it was her family that applied for legal aid on her behalf

That was what I understood as well, but this article paints a different picture.  The Mail today prints "Jihadi bride Shamima Begum has been granted legal aid to fight the decision to remove her citizenship, the Mail can reveal today.".  It indicates the 'family' were denied legal aid, but that it has been applied for on her behalf.

Reading further in the same article (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6921827/Shamima-Begum-legal-aid-despite-stripped-UK-citizenship.html )

I think lawyers may be lining their nests.  "However, the Mail has now learnt that British taxpayers will help pay for her court battle to return, even though Begum has not applied for legal aid herself, nor formally instructed lawyers."

Edited by JohnfromUK

14 minutes ago, old man said:

Could only really happen here, society being destroyed from within?

Where does society turn when this happens?

Bl00dy disgraceful when we have people sleeping rough and kids in poverty?

hello, i quite agree OM, this is how i see our country now with much despair !!!!!!!!!!!

And the Relatives of those murdered in the Birmingham pub bombings were refused legal aid in their search for justice for their loved ones..........

There are accusations in the media that Begum was a paid enforcer of sharia law amongst the other ISIS women in the caliphate!

4 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

how will she benefit society in the UK?

She won't, but neither, it seems, do most politicians.  Labour, LibDems and Green seem to want her back.  Tories are incapable of doing anything useful about it, even if it is what they want.

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

It was only this weekend a national newspaper ran an article saying how she personally stitched up suicide bombers vests preventing removal without detonation. And they want her back on the UK.... how will she benefit society in the UK?

By stitching mail-bags, perhaps.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i quite agree OM, this is how i see our country now with much despair !!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed opp, much more to despair to come, of course as is usual feelings only affect those with some?

It never ceases to confound me with the  levels of arrogance, ignorance and low intellect these so called leaders exhibit, and we are classed as somewhat lower than worms *********?

There must be something in the water at Parliament? Certainly an additive of trough attractant works well?

Giving financial aid to countries, some who don't "need it" and most probably hate us, the Brexit debacle, and to top it all, giving legal aid to yet another terrorist supporter who's chosen Group despise the west!........when millions in the uk are living in poverty, begging on the street, desperate people are forced to claim free charity supplied basic food from food banks, and homeless people are dying on out streets.........Our government must surely be seen as an embarrassing joke! The laughing stock of the world!

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Our Parliament is perhaps a better choice?

Well I think Javid - the present Home Secretary - has done his bit in making his position clear ...... and Foreign Secretary Hunt says (I heard his radio interview earlier) that it makes him very uncomfortable, but isn't a Government decision directly, but a court matter.  I believe the 'Government side' are broadly against having her back at all - but the decision will be a court one. 

Abbott and Corbyn on the other hand wanted her to retain her UK citizenship and be welcomed back, so in summary, I think the government are ineffective, but softly making the right noises and decisions where it is in their remit.

I understand that there is a special Court (special immigration appeals court) that's looks at these cases where information is exchanged in private sessions and not necessarily shared with her lawyers. As the case is likely to set precedent for the removal of citizenship it sounds like the only way forward. 

A drop in the ocean compared to the billions being wasted on Brexit but if it clarifies the process in future it must be worth doing? 

23 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Well I think Javid - the present Home Secretary - has done his bit in making his position clear ...... and Foreign Secretary Hunt says (I heard his radio interview earlier) that it makes him very uncomfortable, but isn't a Government decision directly, but a court matter.  I believe the 'Government side' are broadly against having her back at all - but the decision will be a court one. 

Abbott and Corbyn on the other hand wanted her to retain her UK citizenship and be welcomed back, so in summary, I think the government are ineffective, but softly making the right noises and decisions where it is in their remit.

Parliament make the law! They can pass a law in a couple of days.........if they choose to? They can also change/amend the law if they choose too!

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Parliament make the law! They can pass a law in a couple of days.........if they choose to? They can also change/amend the law if they choose too!

Only if they can get a majority;   Would they with the Labour, LibDem, Independants, SNP all against?  I suspect not.