Cleaning bolt - Webly .410

PeterHenry

Rangoon oil is not a lubricant . It was intended to be used as a preservative to percent rusting .

Any light weight oil will do , a 10/40 engine oil will be as good as anything , the old 3 in 1 is OK but not my favorite and it does smell .Seem to recall we used a SAE 30 at Webley's 

The golden rule is a smear is all you need if you can wipe it of then theres too much . 

Not sure what is meant when you say stick , but it is often that the cases are tight in the chamber so that the extraction is hard . If the bolt is not locking , as it only relys on the lug bearing on the action body then it can be that the "blow back " from the case is hard against the bolt face .

May be other things  such as case length but would really need to have a look/see to say more .

25 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Not sure what is meant when you say stick , but it is often that the cases are tight in the chamber so that the extraction is hard . If the bolt is not locking , as it only relys on the lug bearing on the action body then it can be that the "blow back " from the case is hard against the bolt face .

May be other things  such as case length but would really need to have a look/see to say more .

could be wear on the extractor....its the only thing that wears out on a b/a web'410...........its and easy thing to make for a smith...what do you rekon gunman ?

Not difficult to make but like all hand made things its all about time and that could be a couple of hours  . The other problem is that you need a 410 chamber reamer that will be able to be extended long enough to reach .

I would look at all other possibilities first , those I suggested and chamber size and length of cases.  

It seems to be ok. There's certainly nothing thats obviously loose.

Actualy, having had another look - what seems to be going on is that the collar end of the extractor is sometimes getting stuck at the chamber end of the two spring loaded fins that the cartridge travels over before it ends up in the chamber. When it jams, if i firk about with extractor collar, it snaps back into place and works correctly.

Edited by PeterHenry