Cz 452 trigger kit

shawn9914

I have just bought a lovely second hand cz 452 and was out yesterday setting the scope up and I noticed the trigger feels very stiff to pull and almost to the point it goes clunk when fired

I have read about trigger mods for this where the spring is replaced. Is this the only thing required to sort the issue out or will it need to go to a gunsmith for more in depth work.

If a spring kit is all I need which do you recommend I fit as there are a few variations

I would like to get the trigger to feel more like my hw100 air rifle if that's possible

Cheers

Try Rimfire Magic in Yorkshire for a trigger kit. About £15. I bought the Yodave kit for my 452. It came with 4 springs of different weights, and some colour coded rollers of different diameters.  I only only needed to change the spring for a lighter one, which is a dead easy job. Plenty of videos on  youtube. 

Hope this helps.

27 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Try Rimfire Magic in Yorkshire for a trigger kit. About £15. I bought the Yodave kit for my 452. It came with 4 springs of different weights, and some colour coded rollers of different diameters.  I only only needed to change the spring for a lighter one, which is a dead easy job. Plenty of videos on  youtube. 

Hope this helps.

Just spoke to them and ordered a kit £15 delivered 

Thanks for the help

LB 

Take it to Brock and norris get the trigger sorted and set then you will know it's right.

He's not to far from you. he shortened the barrel 're screw cut  ,tuned  the trigger  and serviced the bolt  on my cz 452 all while I waited. Have it done right the trigger will be a lot better than you just changing springs and you know it will be safe.

1 hour ago, Old melv said:

Take it to Brock and norris get the trigger sorted and set then you will know it's right.

Have it done right the trigger will be a lot better than you just changing springs and you know it will be safe.

Now you have me concerned are you saying by fitting the kit from rimfire magic its unsafe they informed me they have sold over 6000 of the kits

In what way will this kit make it unsafe 

Thanks

The kit is not unsafe in any way.

I just like to have my trigger tuned and adjusted then safety tested by a professional gun smiths

Gives me piece of mind  I have heard on forums of triggers adjusted to light and or incorrectly and the gun being able to fire upon being dropped or knocked.

I have not however had personal experience of this.

2 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

Now you have me concerned are you saying by fitting the kit from rimfire magic its unsafe they informed me they have sold over 6000 of the kits

Thanks

I think 6000 sales would suggest they are not unsafe. Just make sure you do a bump test 

9 hours ago, Old melv said:

He's not to far from you. he shortened the barrel 're screw cut  ,tuned  the trigger  and serviced the bolt  on my cz 452 all while I waited. Have it done right the trigger will be a lot better than you just changing springs and you know it will be safe.

Agreed.  If he’s not too far from you, Mike Norris is your man to tune the factory trigger.

Tim

8 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

Thanks

I have fitted the kits on two of my 452's.    They are not unsafe as such, but if you are using the gun for field work do not be tempted to make the trigger too light!

1 hour ago, matone said:

Fit a Timney ,they make a proper job of it .

Each to their own but I have no issue with the springs and tubes in the kits!  

They make a proper job and give a vast arrow of break and pull settings! :good:

Oh yes, and they are dramatically cheaper!

Edited by Dekers