THE FIRST DISOLVABLE AND BIODEGRADEABLE WAD

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Looks good. How much are they?

Agreed looks great .... £35-00 a 100 ... I wonder if this type of wad will become available to homeloaders. also the wad will still be visible to the general public when out for a walk  [albeit for 3 weeks] so still something for them to moan about

8 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Agreed looks great .... £35-00 a 100 ... I wonder if this type of wad will become available to homeloaders. also the wad will still be visible to the general public when out for a walk  [albeit for 3 weeks] so still something for them to moan about

So maybe £300 a 1000? I would give them a go at that price. 

There could be a small problem with the introduction of these wads, at present there is no ban on using lead, now if the tree huggers see these they could argue the case for a ban on lead, as the wads could be used with steel thus removing two environmental problems, lead and plastic.

Bloody expensive though, £350 per thousand, don’t think I will be using them on the pigeons.

11 minutes ago, old'un said:

There could be a small problem with the introduction of these wads, at present there is no ban on using lead, now if the tree huggers see these they could argue the case for a ban on lead, as the wads could be used with steel thus removing two environmental problems, lead and plastic.

Bloody expensive though, £350 per thousand, don’t think I will be using them on the pigeons.

I can’t see that really. There is currently no campaign for a ban on plastic wads on an environmental basis, nor indeed for one on lead. 

The case for a lead ban was based on its toxicity regarding a health risk, both to game and those who ate it, rather than its impact on the environment, and is what the current legislation regarding fowl is all about. 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

I can’t see that really. There is currently no campaign for a ban on plastic wads on an environmental basis, nor indeed for one on lead. 

The case for a lead ban was based on its toxicity regarding a health risk, both to game and those who ate it, rather than its impact on the environment, and is what the current legislation regarding fowl is all about. 

Indeed, the only people i see campaigning against plastic wads are all inside the shooting community already.

1 hour ago, 8 shot said:

There has been a photo degradable in there VIP range for some time so what's the difference and it's cheaper than fibre in the 20 bore

Photo wad is plastic made from maize, rather than plastic made from oil.

By degrade they don't mean used up and converted into other forms but break up faster into small pieces, exactly what the various bans in plastic is trying to prevent to protect the marine environment.