"im mainly thick&thin"

ditchman

32 minutes ago, oowee said:

Top one is the best yet 🙂 

do you know what................................im really not fussed with it myself, but it is what my mate the butcher wanted as he will be doing some hand stitched leather handles for my forged knives.....anyway he was chuffed with it...and im surprised you lot like it .....

thats the fun of it really...

1 hour ago, silver pigeon69 said:

I really like them!  If you want to sell any in the future, i would take two!

ive  got one more to make for a PW'er who supplied me with a load of hardwood cuts ..ebony oak etc.........then im taking a break from folding knives and will focus on building a forge- com- smelter and forging a few hunting sheathed knives...................

Edited by ditchman

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

ive  got one more to make for a PW'er who supplied me with a load of hardwood cuts ..ebony oak etc.........then im taking a break from folding knives and will focus on building a forge- com- smelter and forging a few hunting sheathed knives...................

Looking forward to the forge build ditchman. Will it be solid fuel or gas?

Edited by la bala

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

Been looking forward to that for what seems like forever. 

32 minutes ago, figgy said:

You should start putting Ditchman Knives on them. Start a line of selling them, sure they would sell like hot cakes.

Nice thing is the blades can be changed and get to keep the handmade handle.

Yes, now there is an idea Ditchie. Make a different shape blade to fit, say a skinner and devise a quick release pin .....  Heh!!!   I'm full of good dieas...want any more give me a call:whistling:

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Been looking forward to that for what seems like forever. 

Yes, now there is an idea Ditchie. Make a different shape blade to fit, say a skinner and devise a quick release pin .....  Heh!!!   I'm full of good dieas...want any more give me a call:whistling:

im delving into the idea of acid etching the name on the blade......

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

im delving into the idea of acid etching the name on the blade......

Not difficult, also simple to do it with salt water and a battery charger.  Stick on letters, nail varnish the whole knife blade remover the letters carefully and give the blade 30 seconds or so in the solution.  Remove nail varnish and polish.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Not difficult, also simple to do it with salt water and a battery charger.  Stick on letters, nail varnish the whole knife blade remover the letters carefully and give the blade 30 seconds or so in the solution.  Remove nail varnish and polish.

what im trying to find is what they do for guns...........you send the company the size and space and type face of the lettering....they make up the stick on stencils....and send them out with the acid...a thick type of semi gel stuff .........which is bloody strong and etches very deeply..................

3 hours ago, la bala said:

Looking forward to the forge build ditchman. Will it be solid fuel or gas?

it will be solid fuel powered by my variable speed sthil leaf blower.............as i said i need to be able to smelt...........

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

what im trying to find is what they do for guns...........you send the company the size and space and type face of the lettering....they make up the stick on stencils....and send them out with the acid...a thick type of semi gel stuff .........which is bloody strong and etches very deeply..................

That sounds the bizz and pretty simple to do.