New Ceasar Guerini guns

figgy

Anyone seen the new G&G Revenant gun? 

Saw a picture on Instagram and it looks stunning. Some of the nicest engraving I've seen in while with plain and coloured Maple leaves. 

A byword saying they have more new models coming and to look on their stand at the Shooting Show. 

Not attending myself but some pictures would be nice, from any member who are going.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, figgy said:

Anyone seen the new G&G Revenant gun? 

Saw a picture on Instagram and it looks stunning. Some of the nicest engraving I've seen in while with plain and coloured Maple leaves. 

A byword saying they have more new models coming and to look on their stand at the Shooting Show. 

Not attending myself but some pictures would be nice, from any member who are going.

I'll see what I can do mate 👍 

28 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Isn’t it amazing that so many people across the world put up with it!

Search me, have you noticed how very few new spec fixed choke Invictus we see out on the circuit (in experienced competitive hands) or even how very few old spec ones 😐  their owners seem to move them on !? I've said it before, it's not rocket science, there are a few things you have to get right and comb height and barrel weight are two of them.

When I win the lottery I shall commission 100 Invictus from CG or 682 from Beretta to my spec and guarantee to buy them back minus 10% within 1 year or at retail after 5 years, I'm that confident they'll be kept by their new owners or go up in value. 

Adjustable Comb and you have what you want for £200.00. 

I think Beretta have lost the plot on shotguns lately.  Sheer amount  of model numbers in the 690 range and prices have to huge hike. A black action DT11 near 11k ouch. Older Beretta are more to my taste.

At least CG are making some nice looking guns. So are Browning with the Crown 525 range. Nominol bore at half and half choke for game shooting, I'd use it for clays more.

CG's are one of the few  guns that fits me out of the box that i have found  and have 4 in my cabinet ( game guns ) and shoot pretty well with them Same too with my Macnab highlander and Lincoln jubilee prestige 16g All Italian low slim action

Tried Browning 525 and citori white lightning  in the past and had to part with them as they did'nt suit me Looked at Beretta some 9 years back and none in the shop fit me and that was a shooting coach who was trying to see what fit  At the time he said the same about himself as the combs had been raised on the new Beratta's that they did'nt fit him

We are all diferent and what suits one may not suit another

54 minutes ago, figgy said:

Adjustable Comb and you have what you want for £200.00. 

I think Beretta have lost the plot on shotguns lately.  Sheer amount  of model numbers in the 690 range and prices have to huge hike. A black action DT11 near 11k ouch. Older Beretta are more to my taste.

At least CG are making some nice looking guns. So are Browning with the Crown 525 range. Nominol bore at half and half choke for game shooting, I'd use it for clays more.

Not quite the same, merely raising the comb doesn't do it if the whole stock sits low in the shoulder, the best route is to have the entire stock somewhat higher (doesn't take much, a bit like a trappy set up) whereby with the adj comb set on its lowest setting the shooter sees very little rib but can easily raise it to see more if he/she so wishes. 

Correct. 

1 minute ago, CG Impact said:

Tried them all have you :no:

How do you mean ? Have I grabbed every used CG I've ever seen or shouldered every single one I've come across in the shops, of course not but I have shouldered enough to know they're too low (in common with several other makes) and even tried to get CG UK to sell me a new Invictus with a Trap stock but it was like talking to a brick wall. 

I had a look on the CG stand at the shooting show and I have to say, the guns they produce are very good for the money.

I did have a look at the revenant and it was a great looking gun, instantly drew my eye.  For practical use its a little to bling for my taste in the field but very nice looking and for the money I don't think many guns come close in terms of looks at that price range.

I have CG in 20g and it does fit me very well .. which is unusual as i tend to find brownings heavier action guns fit me normally.. 

For years I had heard bad things about CG but I am very impressed with my 20g its pretty, stops pigeons pheasants and partridge stone cold at good ranges..what more can you want?

Edited by Terry2016

Just to qualify what I've said so far I will add that whenever I've picked up an "ascent" type of CG, (the ones with a mid height rib), they all come with a rather nice high comb which is of course to compensate for the higher rib, these feel very nice and have particularly nice grips but alas very few top end shooters use anything other than the proper std low rib set ups for good reason. 

5 hours ago, Hamster said:

I saw a picture of the action on FB and have to agree it looks beautiful from what we could see of it, unfortunately I will also lay odds it will be too low in the stock (for no rational reason) like all their other ESP or field guns. 

Funny old world. Nice guns but too glitzy for me. Don't do clays so the Chapuis suits me as does their French version stock of which the comb is about 1/4" lower than the English version.

13 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Just to qualify what I've said so far I will add that whenever I've picked up an "ascent" type of CG, (the ones with a mid height rib), they all come with a rather nice high comb which is of course to compensate for the higher rib, these feel very nice and have particularly nice grips but alas very few top end shooters use anything other than the proper std low rib set ups for good reason. 

Really , the current FITASC world champion Christophe Auvert uses a CG Invictus V Ascent 

40 minutes ago, Hamster said:

even tried to get CG UK to sell me a new Invictus with a Trap stock but it was like talking to a brick wall.

... Which is odd as there is a standard Invictus trap model and when I was up at A-I they had racks of woodwork so that punters could choose their own. You can't buy direct from them, the sale has to go through a dealer.

Just now, Westward said:

... Which is odd as there is a standard Invictus trap model and when I was up at A-I they had racks of woodwork so that punters could choose their own. You can't buy direct from them, the sale has to go through a dealer.

It took several weeks of them ignoring my local rfd before I called them directly several times and each time I'd get through to a different bloke and have to go through the whole thing from scratch 😣, none spoke (or subsequently acted) the same as the chap before ! 

It was absolutely painful to try and get them to understand I WANT A INVICTUS WITH A TRAP STOCK - they maintained the Invictus couldn't be fitted to a Trap stock (one said it had physical reasons) another said the sight picture would be all wrong. 

Well the sight picture WAS all wrong when after months of chasing they sent down a new Invictus and a V version both with way too low stocks, both of which went back. The reality is that many firms just aren't interested. 

1 hour ago, CG Impact said:

More than you think 

Depends what we call "top end" shooters and what constitutes "more than I think" !

Mid and high rib guns aimed at the Sporting market enjoyed a brief fad, the racks in gun shops are full of 2nd hand models waiting to find new inexperienced owners. I have nothing against them personally but having owned a 682EX (purchased for the specific purpose of finding out what's what for myself) and having shot many others I quickly discovered their flaws and why none of the top 20 use them. I can currently think of only one AAA shooter who uses a Blaser mid rib so exceptions do and will always exist. 

43 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Depends what we call "top end" shooters and what constitutes "more than I think" !

Mid and high rib guns aimed at the Sporting market enjoyed a brief fad, the racks in gun shops are full of 2nd hand models waiting to find new inexperienced owners. I have nothing against them personally but having owned a 682EX (purchased for the specific purpose of finding out what's what for myself) and having shot many others I quickly discovered their flaws and why none of the top 20 use them. I can currently think of only one AAA shooter who uses a Blaser mid rib so exceptions do and will always exist. 

Well it does sound like your one of these underachievers searching for the magic gun....... I wish you luck in your quest 

I'd wait till you get to know more about people before making assumptions about them. 

I have a CG Summit Impact, suits me fine. I appreciate how it may not suit others. I also appreciate that there are far better and more experienced shots than I'll ever be posting on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, CG Impact said:

Well it does sound like your one of these underachievers searching for the magic gun....... I wish you luck in your quest 

Dunno why you got that impression ! Depends what we mean by underachievement of course 🤣 but I've done OK  😏 you don't get to have a gob like mine unless you can walk the walk occasionally.  

Anywho what made you fink I'm after a magic gun ? I'm the guy who keeps telling people there is no such thing, I'm the guy who keeps saying gun fit won't buy you targets any more than (knowledge and skill) will - never said it wasn't important mind. 

I DO believe that a regular low rib gun suits most people better most of the time, looking at the top 50-100 shooters in the country proves my point. 

What are your qualifications ? 

8 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Dunno why you got that impression ! Depends what we mean by underachievement of course 🤣 but I've done OK  😏 you don't get to have a gob like mine unless you can walk the walk occasionally.  

Anywho what made you fink I'm after a magic gun ? I'm the guy who keeps telling people there is no such thing, I'm the guy who keeps saying gun fit won't buy you targets any more than (knowledge and skill) will - never said it wasn't important mind. 

I DO believe that a regular low rib gun suits most people better most of the time, looking at the top 50-100 shooters in the country proves my point. 

What are your qualifications ? 

Sorry your getting so upset about a meaningless debate........ We better leave it there........ Till the next time