New Ceasar Guerini guns

figgy

2 minutes ago, CG Impact said:

Sorry your getting so upset about a meaningless debate........ We better leave it there........ Till the next time

Not getting upset, just interested in polite intelligent debate. I always give credit where it's due but struggling to make sense of your participation so far. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Not getting upset, just interested in polite intelligent debate. I always give credit where it's due but struggling to make sense of your participation so far. 

Also sorry your struggling to keep up....... Read the posts again my little friend....... The clue is there...... Toodle pip 

7 minutes ago, CG Impact said:

Also sorry your struggling to keep up....... Read the posts again my little friend....... The clue is there...... Toodle pip 

Man up and don't run away, stay and explain your point without the passive aggressive sarcasm. 

I have re-read everything but don't get your........................................point. 

13 minutes ago, CG Impact said:

Oh maybe just maybe you are a top flight shot who uses mid height ribs, if so well done, I always take my hat off to all top shooters because I know how hard it is to consistently get high scores. 

Anyway, if so how does that change what I said ? 

I have to agree with Hamster that very few top ESP shots choose a raised rib. I can only think of 2 AAAs for definite plus 2 possibles, and none of them would be in the top 20.

One of the side benefits of doing a lot of reffing is that I get to try lots of guns and talk to lots of owners and it's very clear that the raised rib fad is pretty much over apart from with those shooters who want to see flat along the rib and find the raised rib means the gun is less intrusive.

Edited by Westward
typo

7 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Not sure if I like it or not..... 

IMG-20190216-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190216-WA0002.jpg

Not wishing to enter into the debate on the merits of raised ribs etc. but for me the gold inlay is far too much bling. I much prefer the forth one down in the second picture, whatever model that is. The one with the sideplates, solid top rib, POW stock, perhaps without the schabel fore-end would be my ideal. Just my simplistic view, nothing technical.

OB

10 hours ago, figgy said:

I don't like a raised rib especially an adjustable one they vibrate when you fire the gun and any cant error is magnified on the bottom barrel.

Closer your eye is to the center of the gun the less error can be made.

👍

This is true even with a low rib gun, many people including myself like to see a little bit of rib as it helps all round vision and can help prevent head lifting but too much of it means you are no longer fluently/fluidly in touch with the line of the target which is as important if not more so than lead

Those guns are all stunningly beautiful, I'd shoot any of them with the right barrel and stock spec. 

9 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Not wishing to enter into the debate on the merits of raised ribs etc. but for me the gold inlay is far too much bling. I much prefer the forth one down in the second picture, whatever model that is. The one with the sideplates, solid top rib, POW stock, perhaps without the schabel fore-end would be my ideal. Just my simplistic view, nothing technical.

OB

I'm not massive fan of the POW grip, if I had to one it would be the second one down, although to honest the eell beretta's were what really hady attention yesterday. 

51 minutes ago, button said:

How much is the blinged up one?

I have a feeling it was just shy of either 5 grand or 10, pretty sure it was one or the other 

23 hours ago, figgy said:

Adjustable Comb and you have what you want for £200.00. 

I think Beretta have lost the plot on shotguns lately.  Sheer amount  of model numbers in the 690 range and prices have to huge hike. A black action DT11 near 11k ouch. Older Beretta are more to my taste.

At least CG are making some nice looking guns. So are Browning with the Crown 525 range. Nominol bore at half and half choke for game shooting, I'd use it for clays more.

Think you need to change your rfd a new dt11 black is 8k in most places. 

13 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

OB

Hi OB

That gun is the Maxum game which i have in 12g and 20g  and the one below the Magnus in 12g

ATB

S

Just now, sabel25 said:

Hi OB

That gun is the Maxum game which i have in 12g and 20g  and the one below the Magnus in 12g

ATB

S

Hi Sabel25

Well, when you`re ready to swap your 20g Maxum for my 16g Prestige, just give me a shout. Might even throw in the Macnab !!!  Oh, hang on, your Maxum has 32 inch barrels, might just be a trip hazard for this vertically challenged shooter :hmm:

ATB

OB

1 minute ago, Old Boggy said:

Hi Sabel25

Well, when you`re ready to swap your 20g Maxum for my 16g Prestige, just give me a shout. Might even throw in the Macnab !!!  Oh, hang on, your Maxum has 32 inch barrels, might just be a trip hazard for this vertically challenged shooter :hmm:

ATB

OB

Hi OB

Both Maxums are in 30" barrels :whistling:

ATB

S

2 hours ago, Lord v said:

You seem to be taking one person's dislike of CG oddly personally

I don't even dislike them, I have always praised the company for managing to reach incredible sales figures from a standing start and surpass some household names, their marketing has been first class. I do think ALL mid rib ESP models are more style than substance and I do think almost ALL gun manufacturers' sporters are too low in the comb for no other reason beyond convention. 

The fact that I ended up staying with Beretta instead of switching to CG wasn't for lack of trying. 

Edited by Hamster

Just watched The Gun Shop at the shooting show on the GG stand. The gun only has gold leaves. The pictures I saw on Instagram they looked copper colour on the bottom of the action.

The price of £9700.00 is crazy for the same internals as a the other models bar the Invictus.

Very happy with my CG Invictus Supersprort fixed choke Sporter. Had it since they first came out, probably a couple of years now....comb height, stock proportions suits me fine and I’m Mr Average I suspect  

To me it handles beautifully, very pointable, throws super patterns and the first time in 7-8 years of clay shooting that I’ve had ‘zero’ desire or interest in swapping my gun. 

Based on personal experience I’d have no hesitation in recommending one as long as it’s right for you of course...but that goes for any gun. 

57 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just watched The Gun Shop at the shooting show on the GG stand. The gun only has gold leaves. The pictures I saw on Instagram they looked copper colour on the bottom of the action.

The price of £9700.00 is crazy for the same internals as a the other models bar the Invictus.

Yes maybe so but CG are now (deservedly?)  in the "milking" stages of their company's development. 

Bear in mind makers such as Perazzi or Krieghoff have steered themselves into positions whereby they can command fairly stupid money for entry level, spartan models yet one can buy rather fancy higher grade models from perfectly reputable firms such as Beretta or Salvinelli etc, which are every bit as well made and durable, for similar money ! 

It takes marketing skill to reach that state of affairs; CG (correctly and cleverly) started out by concentrating on value for money good looking guns aimed at the lower to medium segment in order to first establish themselves; they made several good moves including signing RF and have slowly brought out more and more expensive models and are now aiming for the £10k market, it's calculating and very clever. 

An example of not so brilliant strategy can be seen with Zoli where the somewhat flawed Kronos which DID at least occupy the right price bracket was followed by the Z sport which starts at around £4500 😐  ! Do you see many out and about ? That's because Zoli, unlike CG, tried to skip through the "brand building" stage. Getting to the stage where you can get people to part with £10-15K is not easy but those who do manage it deserve the rewards.