Benelli M2 or Vinci?

muncher

1 hour ago, mudpatten said:

I had a Vinci on prolonged test but returned it almost immediately.

It was cartridge fussy in the extreme and I never managed to fire a full box of cartridges without numerous cycling failures.

I wouldn`t touch one with a barge pole.

I had that problem with a SBE2.

I have a Vinci which I part ex my montefeltro in for , the Vinci was second hand when I got it and I have had no problems with it cycling cartridges , it’s a light gun but recoil is softer than the wood stocked montefeltro i had before . I like the way it comes apart and it’s easier to clean with the in-line inertia system as well . Not sure if gmk are importing them anymore as not listed on there website , a few on guntrader 

Not owned a m2 but used a vinchi  close to a full season as my main 12ga, all i can say is  they are fantastic gun very nice handling cycles everything i tried in it no problem, less hold sensitive than SBE amd never clicked once. i think benelli tried with this model to improve the inertia system and i think they got it right.  I could say more but i think you are best to try one for yourself  see what you think, i feel the vinch is right up there with the best and personally i think they are brilliant. Have a look see what you think i think you will be impressed.

I own an M2 and have shot a super Vinci. I like both . I was told the Vinci will be more cartridge fussy with lighter loads if you're thinking of clay shooting with it. Mind you, I put 28g through it no bother. 

The M2 is probably more of an all rounder and Vinci more an out and out fowling piece ( with it's 3.5 inch chambers and oversize safety)

Horses for courses. If it's only or mainly for fowling the Vinci is a clear winner. If it's more of an all rounder then the M2 has it. Both cracking guns.