School children on the streets protesting

old man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but this absence suits their agenda! These kids are being encouraged and used to further someone's agenda, I'm not saying the protests are not relevant, but I question whether they really are the kids own thoughts, or is someone indoctrinating them?.......the animal rights nutters are doing the same to young people via social and other media.

I believe these parasites are infecting the minds of the young, the inexperienced and the ignorant! For their own purposes and to suit their own political agenda!

13 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes but this absence suits their agenda! These kids are being encouraged and used to further someone's agenda, I'm not saying the protests are not relevant, but I question whether they really are the kids own thoughts, or is someone indoctrinating them?.......the animal rights nutters are doing the same to young people via social and other media.

I believe these parasites are infecting the minds of the young, the inexperienced and the ignorant! For their own purposes and to suit their own political agenda!

Yes, 

It is brainwashing and grooming and these teachers should lose their jobs and should be ordered to stay away from children.

But sadly you will find that the parents did give their permission.

It's just more extremist left wing political brainwashing. If it was extremist right wing brainwashing there would be public outcry.

7 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Yes, 

It is brainwashing and grooming and these teachers should lose their jobs and should be ordered to stay away from children.

But sadly you will find that the parents did give their permission.

It's just more extremist left wing political brainwashing. If it was extremist right wing brainwashing there would be public outcry.

Very true, I doubt it would be classed as an Authorised absence if my son scieved off for a Countryside Alliance march (not saying they are extremeists).

There is no way that kids organised it. Interesting that none of the news reports I saw on this - not just the Beeb - questioned who the actual organisers were. Whoever it was, they should be named and shamed for using kids to front their own political agendas. Personally, I totally back the need to do something about climate change but pretending that kids are driving this is inexcusable exploitation.

On 17/02/2019 at 08:36, old man said:

Did I understand correctly that schools recently gave the ok for these children to be out of school unsupervised running the streets without parental permission?

Seems strange when parents are pilloried by the same schools for unauthorised holiday absences?

Not exactly a fortnight in Benidorm is it?

It is defo brainwashing. My friends wife is a teaching assistant and she is fed up with what she calls, left wing c..p!

I can bet most of those kids get driven to and from school in fossil fuel transport, they all charge their phones and pop into Mc Ds for a celebratory burger. 

kids should really know their place, allowing them to do this does nothing but feed the entitled, know-it-all view that a lot of kids have these days. I am only 28 but couldn't imagine this happening when i was at school and i certainly wouldn't let my kid go on it regardless what they were protesting about.

26 minutes ago, del.gue said:

It is defo brainwashing. My friends wife is a teaching assistant and she is fed up with what she calls, left wing c..p!

I can bet most of those kids get driven to and from school in fossil fuel transport, they all charge their phones and pop into Mc Ds for a celebratory burger. 

20 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

kids should really know their place, allowing them to do this does nothing but feed the entitled, know-it-all view that a lot of kids have these days. I am only 28 but couldn't imagine this happening when i was at school and i certainly wouldn't let my kid go on it regardless what they were protesting about.

Totaly agree

I wonder if on returning home that night Their parents sugested  they all go to bed at 6pm  with TV , computers , lights  mobiles and heating switched off  Then told to walk to school and back   Would such kids be happy that they're helping save the planet  I doubt it

That day out would be the most exerise most of them has done  for a long time

I could understand it if they kids themselves could demonstrate they had a balanced understanding - they dont!  A girl was being interviewed and the said “it’s about time the government starting taking action and taxing c02”!!!!!  

Whatever they are being brainwashed with is very one sided .

Edited by pegasus bridge

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Isn't the wider question here whether or not the kids were voicing their concerns over something that is a valid concern, there still seem to plenty of people who do not think it's necessary to action on climate change...

What do you propose we do, which doesn't involve taxing me to the hilt? 

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

What do you propose we do, which doesn't involve taxing me to the hilt? 

The first step in finding a solution to an issue of this magnitude and complexity is agreeing the problem exists.

The second is accepting that in order to address it there is likely to be pain for all of us that are part of the problem (I only mention this point in response to your point about taxation).

What we need to be mindful of is the fact that people still exist who believe the earth is flat, that the holocaust didn't happen and - in honour of your profile pic - think that 52 percent is a conclusive Brexit result...

43 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Isn't the wider question here whether or not the kids were voicing their concerns over something that is a valid concern, there still seem to plenty of people who do not think it's necessary to action on climate change...

Campaigning against climate change is like campaigning against inequality, it is such a broad term campaigning against it has no real meaning.

Governments have this amazing ability to fool people into new policies which help reduce "climate change" when really all they are doing is moving the effects to a different time or place. The electric car/hybrid thing is a great example, all the green brigade think its a great idea but really the only reason 99% of people have one is for the tax breaks. Most people with them know its a complete scam and imo over its life i would put money on the fact my hybrid is overall more damaging than the ultra efficient diesel it replaced.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Just now, ferguson_tom said:

Campaigning against climate change is like campaigning against inequality, it is such a broad term campaigning against it has no real meaning.

Governments have this amazing ability to fool people into new policies which help reduce "climate change" when really all they are doing is moving the effects to a different time or place. The electric car/hybrid thing is a great example, all the green brigade think its a great idea but really the only reason 99% of people have one is for the tax breaks. Most people with them know its a complete scam and imo over its life i would put money on the fact my hybrid is overall more damaging than the ultra efficient diesel it replaced.

The message I took from the action of the kids is that it's they who will inherit the problem if things aren't done sooner rather than later, they are putting their skin in the game and I think it's a valid message.

Wholeheartedly agree with you on e-mobility - I have a pretty high profile role in electric, connected and autonomous vehicles in the UK so aware of and involved in just about all the issues and challenges.

Lots and lots of complex issues all around us but we have to find a way forward in trying to address the high priority ones.

30 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

10 years ago, when my kids were in primary school, they had many lessons about 'global warming' and how we had to act NOW to prevent the sea levels rising to such an extent that we would have to develop gills to survive.
The question is, in what way were these impressionable kids going to influence the world enough to prevent this catastrophe ? Especially given the short time we had to act.

10 years on and its the same story, except theyve dropped the global warming bit, because for the most part it got colder.
Apparently weve passed the point of 'no return' now, but theres still time to act to save future generations from an unspecified 'climate change' disaster.

It is without a doubt a not so subtle conditioning, to make us think that WE ,and that includes the children, are doing something wrong, 'hurting' the planet.
Never mind the corporations and industrial level consumerism that is rammed down our throats daily, its US to blame for that.
So we need to feel that guilt, and pay that tax, and eventually accept the controls imposed upon us, for all the bad things we have done.
Using the children to further that aim is just a small cog in the machine.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The first step in finding a solution to an issue of this magnitude and complexity is agreeing the problem exists.

No, the first step is debating about whether it exists, you take it as a given, because you are told so, and YOU have accepted that word as truth.
Look around your own environment, and tell me where you see non seasonal climate change.

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The second is accepting that in order to address it there is likely to be pain for all of us that are part of the problem (I only mention this point in response to your point about taxation).

All of us being the operative word.
Do as I say, not as I do ?
How many private jets, unnecessary journeys do these climate change promoters make, how come they dont feel the guilt.
China, India, Brazil, where are their policies on the matter, and their 2.5 billion people ?

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What we need to be mindful of is the fact that people still exist who believe the earth is flat, that the holocaust didn't happen and - in honour of your profile pic - think that 52 percent is a conclusive Brexit result...

And thats the problem.
The facts get manipulated to the agenda.
You didnt like a result, so you ignore it.

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

52% is conclusive when the remoaners only got 48%it is a 4% swing or is that not conclusive enough for you.

31 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The first step in finding a solution to an issue of this magnitude and complexity is agreeing the problem exists. I don't disagree climates are changing (similar to the changing of minds from 'global warming' to 'climate change' ) I simply remain unconvinced we are responsible, and if we are then we're scuppered to be frank. And if we aren't responsible I find it hilarious that people believe we can do anything to stop it. 

The second is accepting that in order to address it there is likely to be pain for all of us that are part of the problem (I only mention this point in response to your point about taxation). Forgive my cynicism, but where there is money to be made ( either in the form of taxation or otherwise ) you will find people with agendas. Climate change is the new religion, and we all know what that agenda entails. 

What we need to be mindful of is the fact that people still exist who believe the earth is flat, that the holocaust didn't happen and - in honour of your profile pic - think that 52 percent is a conclusive Brexit result... I don't believe the earth is flat, nor am I a holocaust denier, but I think you'll find that 52% is a conclusive majority result as far as the referendum was concerned. What a strange statement! 

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

10 years ago, when my kids were in primary school, they had many lessons about 'global warming' and how we had to act NOW to prevent the sea levels rising to such an extent that we would have to develop gills to survive.
The question is, in what way were these impressionable kids going to influence the world enough to prevent this catastrophe ? Especially given the short time we had to act.

10 years on and its the same story, except theyve dropped the global warming bit, because for the most part it got colder.
Apparently weve passed the point of 'no return' now, but theres still time to act to save future generations from an unspecified 'climate change' disaster.

It is without a doubt a not so subtle conditioning, to make us think that WE ,and that includes the children, are doing something wrong, 'hurting' the planet.
Never mind the corporations and industrial level consumerism that is rammed down our throats daily, its US to blame for that.
So we need to feel that guilt, and pay that tax, and eventually accept the controls imposed upon us, for all the bad things we have done.
Using the children to further that aim is just a small cog in the machine.

No, the first step is debating about whether it exists, you take it as a given, because you are told so, and YOU have accepted that word as truth.
Look around your own environment, and tell me where you see non seasonal climate change.

All of us being the operative word.
Do as I say, not as I do ?
How many private jets, unnecessary journeys do these climate change promoters make, how come they dont feel the guilt.
China, India, Brazil, where are their policies on the matter, and their 2.5 billion people ?

And thats the problem.
The facts get manipulated to the agenda.
You didnt like a result, so you ignore it.

I take your point about acid rain, holes in the ozone layer etc. but there seems to be a bit of boiling frog syndrome going on here.

I honestly thought the debate around climate change had been concluded but it's been a few years since I've posted here on the pigeonwatch time warp.

I venture sir that you are manipulating facts here to suit your agenda as I believe is also the case based on your response on the ISIS thread.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Could you clarify ?

Sure, you appear to have already arrived at a judicial outcome regarding whether or not she will receive a custodial sentence.

You've implied she's more likely to get a compensation payout, human rights infringement  and you then appear to suggest the EU are responsible for all this, or at least that's some people would have it.