School children on the streets protesting

old man

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

With all due respect I mixed the thread on one post in this thread, kinda lost about your start your own thread comments

Like every other post

If you have an issue or need advice Then start a thread in the relavant section  and PW members will give advice or give their own opinion and experience and views in a democratic way

But it is not polite to start going off in tangents on other issues on some one elses OP

ATB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, henry d said:

So if we now have bass appearing in numbers further and further north a lack of cod in the south east and a steady increase in tuna, trigger fish, and other exotics would that be a possible indicator of a warming sea?

I'd much rather see some actual sea temperatures, rather than the assumption, because there is fish there that shouldn't be there. 

It's like saying females from Newcastle wear next to nothing on a night out, so it must be warm, when it's actually about - 2 😁

24 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I suspect  a hidden agenda from someone who might or might not be aware of outside influences on his or her subconsciousness.

I still await conclusive proof that any climate change or not, is due to mankind and not a natural event. Anecdotes don't really hack it.

We both know that conclusive proof is a stretch. There's pretty compelling evidence however with the general consensus well in excess of 90% and since the new established benchmark for conclusive appears to be 52% I would have thought that should suffice.

But just suppose somebody published a "conclusive proof" written in a formal specification language such as Z, how much use would that be to you and how would you establish it's correctness (a rhetorical question).

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

We both know that conclusive proof is a stretch. There's pretty compelling evidence however with the general consensus well in excess of 90% and since the new established benchmark for conclusive appears to be 52% I would have thought that should suffice.

But just suppose somebody published a "conclusive proof" written in a formal specification language such as Z, how much use would that be to you and how would you establish it's correctness (a rhetorical question).

I tried to be polite

But you cannot see the  ethos  of such threads and address the OP

As i have said if you have issues then start your own bloody thread and leave this one if you cannot address the original post

Perhaps go to the start Read and digest and  leave well alone

To reiterate Start your own new thread and leave this one alone as it has no resemplance to the original thread . to which i find discourteouse

Just now, sabel25 said:

I tried to be polite

But you cannot see the  ethos  of such threads and address the OP

As i have said if you have issues then start your own bloody thread and leave this one if you cannot address the original post

Perhaps go to the start Read and digest and  leave well alone

To reiterate Start your own new thread and leave this one alone as it has no resemplance to the original thread . to which i find discourteouse

sorry but what is the problem here, the post you have quoted relates to the proof, or absence of proof, of global warming and the effect(s) that mankind may have on it. Is that not relevant to the original post?

I'm more than a little lost as to why you are singling my posts out and also want gives you the authority to make these comments / instructions to me.

If you really feel I've done something wrong or against the rules then please raise it with the mods as you see fit. 

23 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I suspect  a hidden agenda from someone who might or might not be aware of outside influences on his or her subconsciousness.

I still await conclusive proof that any climate change or not, is due to mankind and not a natural event. Anecdotes don't really hack it.

I'll go with that

Many years ago an old friend of mine  ( no longer with us ) was in Iceland on holiday and happened to be talking to a Icelandic  where this came into conversation

The Icelandic disclosed that Iceland had heated up many years ago long before motor vehicles and any other modern equipment

Then returned back to it's present day climate even though it is volcanic

The British Isles were Volcanic  then the ice age came about by an comet hitting Earth

1976 is still the hottest summer on record due to temperatures maintaining 30 degrees and above for the longest period Even Last year did not hit such hieghts

Thing was there was no mention of global warming and fossil fuel use ever mentioned in 1976 but regarded as a hot summer

Fact is nowadays this is a great excuse to raise taxes to save the planet B*** S****  

The goverment use this so called Green issue ( to reduce immitions NO ) to raise money through taxation But does any of this extra tax collected used to address any issues NO and does this deter anyone filling their cars or central heating tanks by any less NO

Now alot of councils are having a  taxation charge for deisel engines entering theit cities What happens to the buses and taxis running all day in such areas  and how do businesses have there stock refilled and where is this money used to help the pollution issue

Why as a   bi- poduct is the petroleum companies not adressed by the government to make a cleaner deisel product As they can but will not But is put to car manufacturers to make their engines cleaner and more meaner

apologise for my rant But it makes a change from the B word and the demise of labour :lol:

9 hours ago, sabel25 said:

Many years ago an old friend of mine  ( no longer with us ) was in Iceland on holiday and happened to be talking to a Icelandic  where this came into conversation

The Icelandic disclosed that Iceland had heated up many years ago long before motor vehicles and any other modern equipment

Then returned back to it's present day climate even though it is volcanic

Well that proves it for me, they better tear up all that information, especially that graph (figure 5)

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

Well that proves it for me, they better tear up all that information, especially that graph (figure 5)

I believe he would have been referring to the medieval warm period https://rmets.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/j.1477-8696.2000.tb04028.x when the first settlers to Iceland experienced a more forgiving climate, when it cooled around 4-500 years later the settlers were virtually wiped out. 

When Romans were in Northumberland in the 1st century ad, it was warm enough to grow grapes for wine there, and I don't believe they had invented greenhouses at this point. 

Climate is dynamic, and yes global mean temperatures have risen a whole degree centigrade in 140 years, since proper records began, but that doesn't mean we have to lose our minds over it.