Country file tonight

washerboy

Another nail in the coffin 

Not at all surprising really with some of the photos and videos I have seen posted on social media. If they decides over night to ban every form of hunting with dogs I'm sure the politicians would get backed and a bill passed. Sadly over the last 35 years I've kept terriers and lurcher the amount of cruilty passed off as normal is beyond belief. I'm sure my present lurcher will be my last. 

Saw this on BBC breakfast this morning and as I've said before the internet will be the death of fieldsports. There's always been unwanted people in every sport but unfortunately this gives them the stage that they crave. Don't worry though because if it does get banned they'll happily move onto the next fad that takes their fancy to brag about.....

Banning things won't stop this type of activity, incorrectly described as 'sport'.  These things are already banned.  What we need is the police (and backed up by security service) routing out the offenders under the existing laws, NOT yet more laws we can't police or enforce.  And when people are caught they need long jail terms and confiscation of all assets.  This is mainly about betting and money making.

57 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Banning things won't stop this type of activity, incorrectly described as 'sport'.  These things are already banned.  What we need is the police (and backed up by security service) routing out the offenders under the existing laws, NOT yet more laws we can't police or enforce.  And when people are caught they need long jail terms and confiscation of all assets.  This is mainly about betting and money making.

Bang on the money.

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

What are we talking about? 

Countryfile (to be broadcast) tonight.  Watch on your crystal ball (no license needed).

Seriously; It was mentioned on Radio 4 news this morning that Countryfile tonight is to be about hare coursing, cock fighting, badger baiting and "illegal hunting sports" being available to watch on YouTube - that is the gist of it I believe.

Edited by JohnfromUK

Yes but showing barbaric illegal acts involving dogs to a wider public ordiance will do the law abiding hunter no favours whatsoever. I remember the day after country file aired an episode regarding badger digging and a neighbour of mine asking outright if I was out after badgers and did I lamp because I had two Patterdale terriers and he had seen me leave my house with a dog at night. 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Spot on....I bet country file won't mention any of that 🤔

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Countryfile (to be broadcast) tonight.  Watch on your crystal ball (no license needed).

Seriously; It was mentioned on Radio 4 news this morning that Countryfile tonight is to be about hare coursing, cock fighting, badger baiting and "illegal hunting sports" being available to watch on YouTube - that is the gist of it I believe.

I see. Thanks. Think I’ll give it a miss. 

6 hours ago, washerboy said:

Another nail in the coffin 

Not at all surprising really with some of the photos and videos I have seen posted on social media. If they decides over night to ban every form of hunting with dogs I'm sure the politicians would get backed and a bill passed. Sadly over the last 35 years I've kept terriers and lurcher the amount of cruilty passed off as normal is beyond belief. I'm sure my present lurcher will be my last. 

Don’t think it will be all hunting dogs, they will be selective as a complete ban on hunting with dogs could also include working gundogs.

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Let's hope they give airtime to someone who will point out that these practices were made illegal years ago, and have nothing whatsoever to do with the present day fieldsports community..........the real problem is the lack of enforcement of the current law!

Come on , that wouldn't be balanced reporting, would it?

10 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Sorry but if they ban rabbits and rats regarding dogs hunting them then why shouldn't they ban dogs that flush 

I don’t know, but working gundogs are not used to catch (apart from wounded animals) or kill things, well most gundogs don’t kill things. :)

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

So there's going to be a programme about hunting acts which are already illegal, being shown on youtube, and everyone all of a sudden thinks its' the death knell for keeping working dogs! Get a grip folks! 

You are of course correct Scully, it will be interesting to see where the program takes the hunting with dogs part.

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Have you bumped your head again?

No, I always blame the wife. :whistling:

Same **** different way to spoon feed it to the public. This country is actually going to hell in a shopping trolley faster than it is possible to imagine. They banned digging badgers because of badger baiting but the only ones badger baiting were chavvy pillocks that wouldn’t have known the pointy end of a spade from the handle. They banned handguns because some nutter decided to shoot people. Machine guns are banned because terrorists use them. Hunting with dogs was banned because it wasn’t fair that only posh people did it. Hare coursing was banned because apparently that was cruel. Yet I can run rabbits with my dog or use a pack of terriers to kill rats but if they hunted and killed a squirrel I’d be in breach of the hunting act. It’s a bloody joke. The hare population was a million times better off when coursing was allowed now a lot of estates want them murdered so the ****** don’t get on their causing a menace. The fox population was better off before the ban because hunts had a vested interest rather than watch them get decimated by rifles. The badger population was kept in check when you were allowed to dig them rather than the huge over population we have now, £40 a badger to shoot them when the cull comes? You can bet I’ll shoot every single one I see until there’s no more on my permissions, that’s not population control it’s paid extermination. The people that govern our ways in the country should have to experience what it’s like first hand before they’re allowed to make a decision that doesn’t effect their livelihood. 

16 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Same **** different way to spoon feed it to the public. This country is actually going to hell in a shopping trolley faster than it is possible to imagine. They banned digging badgers because of badger baiting but the only ones badger baiting were chavvy pillocks that wouldn’t have known the pointy end of a spade from the handle. They banned handguns because some nutter decided to shoot people. Machine guns are banned because terrorists use them. Hunting with dogs was banned because it wasn’t fair that only posh people did it. Hare coursing was banned because apparently that was cruel. Yet I can run rabbits with my dog or use a pack of terriers to kill rats but if they hunted and killed a squirrel I’d be in breach of the hunting act. It’s a bloody joke. The hare population was a million times better off when coursing was allowed now a lot of estates want them murdered so the ****** don’t get on their causing a menace. The fox population was better off before the ban because hunts had a vested interest rather than watch them get decimated by rifles. The badger population was kept in check when you were allowed to dig them rather than the huge over population we have now, £40 a badger to shoot them when the cull comes? You can bet I’ll shoot every single one I see until there’s no more on my permissions, that’s not population control it’s paid extermination. The people that govern our ways in the country should have to experience what it’s like first hand before they’re allowed to make a decision that doesn’t effect their livelihood. 

Nail hammer head ..👍

19 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

That's a perfect summary 

31 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Yeah, can't argue with much of that.