Berretta or zoli or something else HELP!

aka_t50

Ok guys I'm by no means new to shooting I'm about 20 years in over the last 10 years I've had more than my share of shotguns from lanber to Browning for the last 3 years I've been using a side by side that I shoot ok the thing is I would like to do more practice on the clays during the off season and the sxs is not ideal so I've decided to buy another o/u usage will be clays maybe once a month the odd day pigeon and a walk round rough shoot during season budget under £1400 ideally around 1k I like game scene engraving with some sort of figuring on wood I know it's slot to ask currently I'm looking at zoli game and Berretta what would people recommend thanks in advance Tim

1 hour ago, aka_t50 said:

Ok guys I'm by no means new to shooting I'm about 20 years in over the last 10 years I've had more than my share of shotguns from lanber to Browning for the last 3 years I've been using a side by side that I shoot ok the thing is I would like to do more practice on the clays during the off season and the sxs is not ideal so I've decided to buy another o/u usage will be clays maybe once a month the odd day pigeon and a walk round rough shoot during season budget under £1400 ideally around 1k I like game scene engraving with some sort of figuring on wood I know it's slot to ask currently I'm looking at zoli game and Berretta what would people recommend thanks in advance Tim

Largely depends on how long you think you're going to keep this one. Time and time again we are told, A. to buy one of the 2, possibly, 3 big names as they hold their value, and/or, B. don't buy anything else as they don't. Providing you have no intention (OK, appreciate things can change) of selling what you do buy anytime soon, why not buy one of the "don'ts" and get a decent gun for relatively little outlay compared to one of the "names" for which you'll pay accordingly.

Having just been given one, I think your gut feeling is right and there's plenty to choose from - Zoli.