Brass rod/bar

Walker570

I need about 4 inches of solid brass rod or bar, 20 -22mm square/round, either will do. Happy to collect or pay postage and contribute.  I can buy off the web but the shortest I can find is 250mm or 10 inches .... £25. plus postage.   Thought someone on here might just have an offcut lying around.

Many thanks. 

TC your the easiest to get to, many thanks will see you in the near future.  Thanks to everyone else.

That is all I'm saying for the time being till the job is done...if it goes wrong then i don't look foolish.  Substitute useless for foolish if you wish:unhappy::lol:

Edited by Walker570

There is a company who sell brass bar offcuts on eBay, I often use them they are called "engineering offcuts". I make brass ferrules for sticks from solid brass bar, I turn to the correct diameter and bore as required. May seem a waste of brass but they work out about £1 per one so cheaper than keep buying various sizes and they are all ways the right size

2 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

There is a company who sell brass bar offcuts on eBay, I often use them they are called "engineering offcuts". I make brass ferrules for sticks from solid brass bar, I turn to the correct diameter and bore as required. May seem a waste of brass but they work out about £1 per one so cheaper than keep buying various sizes and they are all ways the right size

But not as cheap as a Mate who has some stock!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

I used to work in engineering and got a much as I wanted, still have lots of sizes and plenty of stainless steel but run out of the size for ferrules. Just started to make a priest with stainless end fitted to a bit of hardwood. Will post when completed if it works