Helping hand

ShootingEgg

Went out to my new perm again yesterday afternoon, arrived later than i wanted but still heades to the area deer are seen, got halfway up on field, thinking wind wasnt ideal, then spotted the group in the next field and down wind, with one doe staring right at me, blown it i thought, they slowly walked out of the field. Tucked up out of sight for about 45 minutes and nothing showed, so thought id properly blown it. Walked down the field back toward the truck, look overy shoulder to see the buck out. So slowly turned, got to a pallet and uses it as a blind. Waited for one of the does to show, and took the shot. 

Got it back to skin and butcher and was greated by my mates daughter who happily helped 

Snapchat-909492641.jpg

Brilliant.Mine all helped dress pheasants and ducks.Came rabbiting on odd times.When we had our small syndicate they all came on the beating line from an early age.They had a good understanding of everything and  the ways in which food was gathered.More importantly they still support local butchers and producers.

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

Well done on the deer :good:did you take it from the veg farm?

it’s a pity more kids don’t get to see were real food comes from.

Yeah popped back yesterday, week pn from getting the first, only a few weeks until they start to fill the growing fields with millions of plugs. Owner is happy to see some, so am trying to be selective on what im taking.

Luckily my mates daughter living on a farm see's the cattle from start to finish, the few pigs each year tgey have for themselves and the Christmas turkeys.. So has a good understanding. 

• 3 weeks later...