thermal imager

davewh100

have one. 2 of my mates that i shoot with have them and a third bought a xq30. you will not regret buying one. we do a lot of fox control and the numbers we shoot with them is staggering since we went thermal. we cover a large acerage between us and used to shoot decent numbers. but the thermal as everyone seems to say is a real game changer. with us being stalkers it is a valuable aid for finding deer after the shot aswell

I've only used a thermal once but was very impressed, we were squirreling and it made a huge difference. No movement needed from the squirrels they showed up nicely against the tree trunks so spotting was greatly improved.

Bit pricey for my needs but i can see why folk use them.

13 minutes ago, labstaff said:

I've got the helion xq50f. I don't use a lot of the bells and whistles like the video recorder, picture in picture or the different colour palettes, but it's a fantastic bit of kit and don't regret buying it at all

yeah looked at this one as well do you still use a thermal imager scope as well 

dave

Had the xq50 spotter for last 22 months , wheter its fox rabbit rat squirrel they are a game changer 

using thermal with nv scope is a bit frustrating , as you can see everthing with thermal but sometimes cant pick it up with nv because of maybe quarry is in hedge or long grass 

Short answer, Yes.

the xq38f as a spotter is excellent as it has the best all round FOV @ x3.1 compared to the 28 or 50.

you may want to hang on as Pulsar  May be releasing their latest offering with a smaller sensor so the older kit may become cheaper, if you cannot wait then Ian at Blackwood Outdoors is the cheapest, good luck.

5 hours ago, maxwell said:

Short answer, Yes.

the xq38f as a spotter is excellent as it has the best all round FOV @ x3.1 compared to the 28 or 50.

you may want to hang on as Pulsar  May be releasing their latest offering with a smaller sensor so the older kit may become cheaper, if you cannot wait then Ian at Blackwood Outdoors is the cheapest, good luck.

thanks for that yeah i can hang on will check out Blackwoods 👍

I can't leave the house without it, whether stalking or foxing,  (although some stalking outfits don't allow them) I have the xq50 quantum and selling that to fund an Accolde 38rf.( I need the ability to range find at night 😊) for foxing your seeing them before they even get chance to wind you,  same for Deer. Then plan your stalk according to the wind direction.  Squirrels can hide on the other side of the truck but always leave their tails waving about out of cover, you'll spot them with the thermal. 

If I'd lost mine I'd have another the next day,  if they were free of course. 

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

I can't leave the house without it, whether stalking or foxing,  (although some stalking outfits don't allow them) I have the xq50 quantum and selling that to fund an Accolde 38rf.( I need the ability to range find at night 😊) for foxing your seeing them before they even get chance to wind you,  same for Deer. Then plan your stalk according to the wind direction.  Squirrels can hide on the other side of the truck but always leave their tails waving about out of cover, you'll spot them with the thermal. 

If I'd lost mine I'd have another the next day,  if they were free of course. 

+1 I would go back if I forgot to take it. 

Edited by oowee

Dont buy one...rubbish...:lol: 

Got an XQ38F a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic bits of kit but you spend way longer watching all manner of wildlife you would never have seen without one. I spent 10 minutes watching hares charging about the other night. If you can come to terms with the price well worth the money. I need to stop DIY and get out and do some more field testing :good:

On 20/02/2019 at 13:07, maxwell said:

Short answer, Yes.

Been looking for one of these and some other bits, tried that place on recommendation, rang a few times during the 2 hour window given on the site no answer, never returned the call  . . . . finally got fixed up at OW

On 27/02/2019 at 10:42, InTheSticks said:

Been looking for one of these and some other bits, tried that place on recommendation, rang a few times during the 2 hour window given on the site no answer, never returned the call  . . . . finally got fixed up at OW

Apologies its been very busy and I've been at a funeral ...I've missed a few calls..