Just a little help

cypher000

Looking at my post from my now helpless perspective. I wonder why I bother. But I am and always have been, a scrapper. So....The thing is I have been trying to get hold a a couple of decent Wood Pigeons to pop in my freezer, with the intent of eating them. Six weeks ago I was told that I have a mere three months to live.  Not something I can argue with when I look back at my rather ragged medical history. But what raised my hackles up most, was the fact that I have been trying to get a couple of decent stoggies to make myself a lovely meal with and just haven't been able to locate one, never mind two. Does any of our illustrious members live in or near to my home town. HULL? If so, is there any possibility of one of them getting me a brace of these naughty, but so tasty birds, so that I can indulge my dream meal whilst I still have time to do so. I am not looking for the proverbial free meal, but will pay the going rate as expected. Love to hear from someone out there. Regards and respect Cypher000

Very sorry to read of your bad news fella. I have plenty of woodpigeons frozen in the feather {all shot in the past month or so } or will hopefully have a few fresh at the weekend. You are free to as many as you would like and I will gladly deliver them to you.

I am in Hull.

PM me if you prefer.

Best wishes

aga man.

1 hour ago, aga man said:

Very sorry to read of your bad news fella. I have plenty of woodpigeons frozen in the feather {all shot in the past month or so } or will hopefully have a few fresh at the weekend. You are free to as many as you would like and I will gladly deliver them to you.

I am in Hull.

PM me if you prefer.

Best wishes

aga man.

Like many members on this forum I would gladly had helped this gentleman out with a regular supply of fresh pigeons , but sadly due to the distance this wouldn't had been possible .

Good of you aga  man to offer this member a few fresh pigeons :good:

Sorry to read about your situation cypher, I’ve got some pigeon breasts frozen or some in feather shot Thursday just gone, and I’m not far away, and working in hessle  this week, or I can get them to Aga man to bring you, don’t want to step on his toes as he offered first.

all the best

wilksy

Yikes! What a lovely response to my post. This is something that I cannot get over and to say that I am overwhelmed would be the understatement of the year. I shall sleep tonight, knowing that soon, courtessy of Aga Man, I shall be getting a brace of Wood Pigeons.  The sheer pleasure that these will bring me, will far outreach the effectiveness of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, wonderful though these treatments are.  Thank you, you lovely people and forgive me as I drool at the thoughts of my, soon coming, gastronomic  miracle. Again, thanks and special regards to you all.  Cypher000

Well, just returned from taking the pigeons across town to this chap and I am so pleased I did. A lovely fella in his mid eighties greeted me at the door and invited me into his home. As we chatted it became clear the man has been through an awful lot lately, but still takes whatever life can throw at him.

Salt of the earth we would say round these parts.

Hope you enjoy the stoggies Walt, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you sir.

1 minute ago, aga man said:

Well, just returned from taking the pigeons across town to this chap and I am so pleased I did. A lovely fella in his mid eighties greeted me at the door and invited me into his home. As we chatted it became clear the man has been through an awful lot lately, but still takes whatever life can throw at him.

Good man.

3 minutes ago, aga man said:

Glad you could help him agaman, don’t make em like that anymore! 

9 hours ago, aga man said:

Well done Aga man and very best wishes to Walt.

OB