A few on a line.

JDog

On Saturday Ginger Cat and I were frustrated to see a line of pigeons going wide of our hide positions. These birds followed a dip in a sixty acre field to a small group of trees where they sat up and digested whatever it was they had eaten. Today I thought I might try to beat them at their own game.

Travelling only with gun, cartridges, net and two old Flexicoy decoys I walked to the trees and fashioned myself a hide. Even before I had finished erecting the net a group of 100 pigeons attempted to descend to the trees but I let them flare away without a shot. They did eventually come back in smaller groups giving me some excellent opportunities for an hour or so before I had to return home. Most crops were completely empty. Two had been on the maize cover crops. I shot and picked 14 which was good for an hour with little kit.

thumbnail_20190218_121525_resized.jpg

thumbnail_20190218_112617_resized.jpg

thumbnail_20190218_122541_resized.jpg

It is just a never ending battle trying to get to grips with our friend the pigeon , people ask all kind of questions and we reply with all sort of answers but the truth is we don't really know all the answers , some maybe , but only some and not all and that is the fascinating thing about pigeon shooting , don't matter how much you know , you will never know it all

Well done Mr JDog , an hour well spent :good: