CENS vs Custom Fit Guards

Lloyd90

Anyone have experience of both? 

Looking at the digital ones (as a birthday present from family who’ve chipped in). 

If CENS it would be the Proflex digital 1e as the other ones are just silly expensive. 

The initial ones I was looking at are the CF Digitals - from custom fit earguards. 

Appreciate your input :) 

12 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Anyone have experience of both? 

Looking at the digital ones (as a birthday present from family who’ve chipped in). 

If CENS it would be the Proflex digital 1e as the other ones are just silly expensive. 

The initial ones I was looking at are the CF Digitals - from custom fit earguards. 

Appreciate your input  

i have the cens proflex with a set of passive inserts love them so  comfortable forget to take them out sometimes :yes:

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Have a look at the ones Andy crow was wearing in his recent videos. They look good and may not be as pricey as cens.

I watched one of his video's last night and it was CENS he was wearing... is it a newer video? 

2 hours ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

There’s been a good thread on SD over the last couple of weeks on in-ear stuff.....

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/custom-electronic-ear-plugs.162849/

cheers

Fizz

Thanks mate 

12 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I watched one of his video's last night and it was CENS he was wearing... is it a newer video? 

In the latest video he's switched to wearing Vario plugs. 

On their website it says they're coming soon so not sure what kind of price they'll be. They've certainly got lots of settings to choose from when he's demonstrating it in the vid. 

I'm just reading that some of the electronic ones the battery runs down even when not in use, so could have to put new batteries in every time you use them :/ 

If that's the case I might just consider buying the CF Duo for £99 and save the bother of having to do that every time. 

I took the plunge and got fitted for some Emtec passive plugs at the shooting show yesterday after hearing good reports about them. Should be here in a couple of weeks. 

The price tag and potential for having to have battery changes/servicing was what put me off going electronic. 

I think cens recommends sending the electronic ones off annually to be serviced, at what cost I don't know? 

5 minutes ago, Spower said:

I took the plunge and got fitted for some Emtec passive plugs at the shooting show yesterday after hearing good reports about them. Should be here in a couple of weeks. 

The price tag and potential for having to have battery changes/servicing was what put me off going electronic. 

I think cens recommends sending the electronic ones off annually to be serviced, at what cost I don't know? 

Will chat to my mate to see how he finds his CF DUO's 

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

The zinc air batteries start to discharge as soon as you open the packet. So unless your using them within a few days will go flat.

So if you work during the week and shoot the weekend you’ll be putting in a new set of batteries every time you use them 😣

Think I’ll be going for the duos in that case. 

Yes but you can buy lots of them online for not much money. So might cost you 50p or a pound per week depending on what deal you got.

Just had a look and you can buy 60 rayovac abdvanced type13 hearing aid batteries for under £12.00 that's 30 weeks of shooting.

Edited by figgy

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

So if you work during the week and shoot the weekend you’ll be putting in a new set of batteries every time you use them 😣

Think I’ll be going for the duos in that case. 

I would get a couple weekends from mine. Usually 2-3 months before they start beeping with a low battery. 

And batteries are cheap on amazon. 

Rick

1 hour ago, casts_by_fly said:

I would get a couple weekends from mine. Usually 2-3 months before they start beeping with a low battery. 

And batteries are cheap on amazon. 

Rick

Find the same with my cens, normally get 3-4 weeks out of them. Always remove the batteries when not in use. Seem to Carry on working a good while after they start beeping at you 

I bought the passive CENs as I just can’t justify the high price of the electronic ones. 

They fit perfectly, are very comfortable, and work well. No doubt the electronic ones aid better hearing of normal conversation, but the passive ones are sufficient for my needs. 

Ulyou can always upgrade to electronic later and it doesn’t necessarily cost anymore - plus you then have the passive modules for when you lack batteries! 

Finally with CENs if you are Kent based go to the pure tone head office in Rochester. Unlike all the companies who sell on their behalf they don’t charge an extra £25 for the mould. They were very helpful with mine, first visit they told me to get the gp to dewax my ears to get a better long term fit! And then they done it after.

T

Echoing what was said above

Ive got high capacity p13 zinc air in my CENS 1e and generally get 4 weeks out of them before they are gone left in or taken out. And they are dirt cheap to get 60 off amazon I think it was about £14 which at the use rate is over a years worth of shooting.

One of the best investments I have made shooting wise put them in for a days shooting and forget about them. 

I have Emtec passives.  Very pleased with them and had them many years.  Personally, though a little hard of hearing (mostly age related probably), I find I have no problem at all with ordinary conversation with passives.

My inclination would be to buy upgradable passives .......... see how you get on - you may not wish to spend the extra to go active.  This would save you a lot of money - and keep your options open for the future.

I'm pretty sure CENs do upgradeables - not sure if any other makes do.

On 21/02/2019 at 19:14, tpd1309 said:

I've got the new Vario Revolution's, sound clarity is amazing,easy to use with a single push button, had about 12hours of use on the first set of batteries over a 4 week period. Batteries cost me £11 for 60 on Amazon

IMG_20190119_104358.jpg

Can only assume the battery use is the same across pretty much all the brands 🤷‍♂️