Howa Bravo feed issue

The Mighty Prawn

Hi folks

ive got a howa bravo in .223 and put a few hundred through it from new. I have a problem with the last round in the magazine, the bolt pushes the round forwards as if to load, but then the bolt slips over the top of the round and fouls against the side of the case. The first time it put a good sized ding in the brass so I scrapped that round and am now super cautious but it is happening every time. Tried several different brands and various bolt speeds but it is totally consistent. I can’t see where the problem is coming but would guess it has to be the follower as all other rounds load fine so the last one sitting badly must be the cause?

i don’t know if fettling or shimming the follower might work but does anyone have thoughts or ideas to try?

Sorry not familiar with your particular rifle but in the past had similar.223 experience. That was caused by a combination of a weak mag spring ( eliminate by putting a piece of wood or similar between the mag base and spring) secondly, my follower (zigzag stack type)was rough and the last round was dragging when picked up, cured by polishing with t cut.

hope that’s of some help