Bit of a shock

Medic1281

Back in 2003 I went to Australia to work on a farm with my girlfriend at the time. We stayed in rural Queensland on a small Lucerne farm about 6 hours west of Rockhampton. We lived in a 40ft lorry container that had windows cut into it with a stihl saw and a door. A couple of camp beds, and a fly screen door to keep the snakes out. We shared meals with the host family, worked closely with them, and spent a lot of time with them. They seemed genuine if not a bit alternative. 

Well imagine my surprise when tonight I got curious about where we stayed and the recent floods in Qld, and after a quick google I found the article below!! These were the people I stayed with as a 22 year old with my 20yrold girlfriend! We had no idea!!

https://m.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/not-a-dingo-dunnit-but-guns-to-chase-off-dingoes-g/3012335/

1 hour ago, Medic1281 said:

Back in 2003 I went to Australia to work on a farm with my girlfriend at the time. We stayed in rural Queensland on a small Lucerne farm about 6 hours west of Rockhampton. We lived in a 40ft lorry container that had windows cut into it with a stihl saw and a door. A couple of camp beds, and a fly screen door to keep the snakes out. We shared meals with the host family, worked closely with them, and spent a lot of time with them. They seemed genuine if not a bit alternative. 

Well imagine my surprise when tonight I got curious about where we stayed and the recent floods in Qld, and after a quick google I found the article below!! These were the people I stayed with as a 22 year old with my 20yrold girlfriend! We had no idea!!

https://m.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/not-a-dingo-dunnit-but-guns-to-chase-off-dingoes-g/3012335/

So .Any good guns for sale then :lol:

Much better story than the "Bit of a shock" that I  was expecting to hear - like some 15 / 16 year old youth arriving on your doorstep - "G'day. Good time in QLD in '03? Well, hello, I'm your son / daughter" !!!

Happened to a friend of mine.

EEEK!

2 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Much better story than the "Bit of a shock" that I  was expecting to hear - like some 15 / 16 year old youth arriving on your doorstep - "G'day. Good time in QLD in '03? Well, hello, I'm your son / daughter" !!!

Happened to a friend of mine.

EEEK!

It was a good job I went with the girlfriend then!! 

2 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

It was a good job I went with the girlfriend then!! 

..well my friend started travelling with his girlfriend but it went a bit awry when the first taxi driver they took from the airport said to him "you brung yer GF to OZ? Jeez Man, that's like taking a sandwich to a banquet"!...