22BR

Walker570

Anyone else on here shoot this crazy brilliant little cartridge. Really still a wildcat as you have to form your own cases from 6mmBR.  I have a 22BR barrel on my Thompson/Contender Encore and it is a tack driver.  Just acquired some Barnes 50gr TSX and all copper bullet. Shoots exactly to the same point of aim as my normal 55Grain V Max which is handy.  Has a great reputation for accuracy in the Bench Rest field in the USA.  Some of my favorite powders for it do not appear to now be available, RE 12 being my favorite. I have loaded some with H322 and they are the ones which shoot to the same point of aim and with excellent accuracy so that may be the powder I now use.  If you shoot a 22BR you must reload so any experiences would be of interest.

Pictured stood alongside a 17 REM for comparison

004.JPG

That is nice to know there are a few more about.  The Vhit 135 doesn't show up very well in my Hornady loading tables velocity wise but I bet the fox does not notice the difference.

I am using H322 at this moment, my old R12 not being available.   Various suggestions by friends in the USA but the powders are not readily available over here.  I have not managed to lay one of these Barnes TSX on something furry just yet.  Looked for a muntie yesterday where normally I see a dozen, in 9hrs I didn't see a single deer (had 11 tree rats though).  Hopefully a fox or two tonight.  I have used the  TTSX bullets in 257, 375 and 8mm and they have all performed 100%.