Suggestions please

GingerCat

The old faithful insignia will cost more to fix than its worth and its lifespan afterwards debatable. Thusly I require a  new chariot to ferry me about. 

It will have to drive me to work and back (25 to 130 miles depending on where I am) and cart my pigeon kit about when I have a spare minute. 

I was thinking about older rav4. Suggestions under 6k please. 

Ford kuga, I have an 09 plate 2l tdci that’s now done 125,000 miles of near faultless motoring, it’s taken up and down the country on multiple occasion’s it’s been to Italy (lake Garda) and back faultlessly, carries all my fishing gear and shooting gear about regularly, I wouldn’t hesitate having another one!  nice and cheap to service, don’t know the exact mpg (I have a heavy foot) but does well on fuel, 

41 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Ford kuga, I have an 09 plate 2l tdci that’s now done 125,000 miles of near faultless motoring, it’s taken up and down the country on multiple occasion’s it’s been to Italy (lake Garda) and back faultlessly, carries all my fishing gear and shooting gear about regularly, I wouldn’t hesitate having another one!  nice and cheap to service, don’t know the exact mpg (I have a heavy foot) but does well on fuel, 

My neices Kuga will do 60mpg on a run its 2 wheel drive manual 

I own a 2005 Subaru Forester. Its a 2l petrol and averages 30mpg on Super Unleaded.

Not the most economical vehicle but its up to 188K now and I should think 200K plus should be possible.

Its had various components replaced, radiator, water pump self leveling suspension on the rear but on the whole its been good.

Its not had any electrical issues unlike my colleagues driving German metal.

Probably the last of its breed. Permanent 4WD with a Hi-Lo gearbox. 

When it goes I have no idea what to get next.

Just looked on AT and still a few around with sub 100K on them.

I found a 2lt turbo diesel koloes for under 4k. It had 46 on the clock. Badged as Renault but all the important parts (4x4 gear box engine etc) are Nissan x trail. Couldn't have got an xtrail for that price and age. Done 100 miles and its doing 44 mpg so no different to previous car in its current form. Quite pleased.