TomTom Sat Nav help

walshie

I've got a basic Tomtom that does the UK and Europe. We're going to the U.S later this year and I'd like to run U.S maps on it. There's a slot for an SD card, but you can't buy maps on SD cards of parts of the U.S any more. You have to download the maps of the whole country.

I've got 2gb free on the device, but nowhere on the Tomtom site does it say how big the U.S map is. Does anyone know if I would need to get an SD card, and if so, what size? Obviously I don't want to start downloading it to find it won't fit. 

Cheers.

I have swapped maps by deleting one then adding the other - obviously swapping when I got home. 

Not sure if you can still do it but once purchased the maps remained on your ‘store’ 

there is a help section on Tom Tom support regarding cards and device compatibility 

Edited by ph5172

First - why not download the maps for free to your phone and don't use the TomTom?

Second (if I remember correctly) Tightchoke has a full US TomTom map (2015 / 16 ish) on SD card that was included in the TomTom I gave him for free. Might be worth a PM?

21 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

First - why not download the maps for free to your phone and don't use the TomTom?

Second (if I remember correctly) Tightchoke has a full US TomTom map (2015 / 16 ish) on SD card that was included in the TomTom I gave him for free. Might be worth a PM?

Free is one of my favourite words. 👍

Along with puppy and moist. 

Hiya

Tacking slightly off direction -

TomTom fellah on the wireless this morning said that all T-T's have to update software to account for 1919? by early April..........seems similar to previous electrickery things and dates in chipsets. Otherwise no findee satellites - what do we know?

L