Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rapid .25

Decoy identification

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I was given a few of these decoys and must admit I have never seen them before and have no idea of there specific use, they are made of a very good quality rubber but are quite heavy at 338g each, if they are an old design then the paintwork has kept very well, they have a large moulded whole on the underside with a type of rubber arm inside with a small hole drilled in it, I have no idea what type of peg would be used on these or perhaps they are a type of lofting decoy??, I look forward to reading what all of you think ( or know) about these. atb Ian.

1550645923515-1170468182.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are ‘Flexicoys’. If you read my post entitled ‘A few on a line’ from two days ago you will see some pictured.

They can be hung in a tree as mine were or placed on a wooden peg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JDog said:

They are ‘Flexicoys’. If you read my post entitled ‘A few on a line’ from two days ago you will see some pictured.

They can be hung in a tree as mine were or placed on a wooden peg.

Thanks jdog, I was away for the weekend so I've just read your post, do you think the ones I've been given would benefit from a bit less green on there heads?, Cheers Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JDog said:

They are ‘Flexicoys’. If you read my post entitled ‘A few on a line’ from two days ago you will see some pictured.

They can be hung in a tree as mine were or placed on a wooden peg.

I still have a couple of those and used the old fishing line and weight trick to hoist them up into a tree. The incoming pigeons didn't seem to notice that the decoy was perched 'under' the branch. 

I've even seen one recently perched on a stag coat rack !!!

OB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

Thanks jdog, I was away for the weekend so I've just read your post, do you think the ones I've been given would benefit from a bit less green on there heads?, Cheers Ian.

No need to fiddle with the colours.

 

2 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I still have a couple of those and used the old fishing line and weight trick to hoist them up into a tree. The incoming pigeons didn't seem to notice that the decoy was perched 'under' the branch. 

I've even seen one recently perched on a stag coat rack !!!

OB

Surely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JDog said:

They are ‘Flexicoys’. If you read my post entitled ‘A few on a line’ from two days ago you will see some pictured.

They can be hung in a tree as mine were or placed on a wooden peg.

i had some of those until they were nicked...............i used them to sit in the sitty tree....i put a curved stick in the hole from underneath and wrapped a lump of lead at thye end to at as a counterbalance....then placed them on a branch with my extenderble poles..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i had some of those until they were nicked...............i used them to sit in the sitty tree....i put a curved stick in the hole from underneath and wrapped a lump of lead at thye end to at as a counterbalance....then placed them on a branch with my extenderble poles..............

I didn't nick em lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i had some of those until they were nicked...............i used them to sit in the sitty tree....i put a curved stick in the hole from underneath and wrapped a lump of lead at thye end to at as a counterbalance....then placed them on a branch with my extenderble poles..............

I think that you`ll find that Tightchoke has at least five. Found them hidden by a tree in Norfolk  !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Still looking for the others!

walking around with 15 of them in a sac will do yer back in........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...