Drill rotary

deny essex

Finally got round to finishing the drill rotary mentioned on PW a while back, arms shown are telescopic fishing whips pivoted together for use with hypaflaps when on a longish walk, it can be seen on the motor to arm connection regular heavy arm fittings for use with real birds.

It has to be used with a speed controller ( cheap enough to buy on line) when running on 12 volt but makes use of the old drill motor and odds and bods laying around in the shed. I didnt use the drill trigger for this rotary but did adapt one years back on another I made.

Next in line ultra lightweight rotary for hypaflaps , knocked the last ones motor out.

All to keep occupied in the shed with important jobs away from her indoors :)`

Forgot to add ground spike and leg is an old fishing net handle with a homemade glassfibre tri ground spike. 

Arm diameter turn circle 2.4 mtrs .

drill rotary.jpg

Edited by deny essex
addition

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

The first one I ever built 40yrs ago was using an old drill with the drive shaft straight out of the chuck. Shot a load of pigeons and crows over that.  My present one is driven by a window winder motor geared down and again works well.

You should have patented it all those years ago. You`d be worth a fortune now.

Oh, maybe you did and are :hmm:

6 hours ago, deny essex said:

Finally got round to finishing the drill rotary mentioned on PW a while back, arms shown are telescopic fishing whips pivoted together for use with hypaflaps when on a longish walk, it can be seen on the motor to arm connection regular heavy arm fittings for use with real birds.

It has to be used with a speed controller ( cheap enough to buy on line) when running on 12 volt but makes use of the old drill motor and odds and bods laying around in the shed. I didnt use the drill trigger for this rotary but did adapt one years back on another I made.

Next in line ultra lightweight rotary for hypaflaps , knocked the last ones motor out.

All to keep occupied in the shed with important jobs away from her indoors :)`

Forgot to add ground spike and leg is an old fishing net handle with a homemade glassfibre tri ground spike. 

Arm diameter turn circle 2.4 mtrs .

drill rotary.jpg

The ever resourceful Denny is at it again :good:

Well done mate. Keep it up.

OB

100%    Up at 4am this morning, flask of coffee and two packs of cakes, called on the A1 at the all night for a couple of sandwiches and sitting in my pop up blind at exactly 7am.

It was a 70 mile drive !   It is getting lighter earlier but those few hours as the light starts to come up are magical.  Black bird first out followed by the robin, then a big proud cock pheasant strolled bye so close I could have leaned forward and touched him, the white band on his neck must have been 3 inches wide.  A tree creeper worked it's way up the ash tree an arms length away etc etc etc for the next 9hrs.  You don't need TV and Country Watch, or whatever it is to enjoy.  Just need to know how to sit quiet and still.

1 hour ago, deny essex said:

Thats part of the problem at my age thats not so good, so spend time in the shed to keep occupied 😕 🤨

Denny, stay pottering in that shed, that way, any of those carnal thoughts will soon be forgotten :hmm:

OB

On 21/02/2019 at 20:48, Walker570 said:

100%    Up at 4am this morning, flask of coffee and two packs of cakes, called on the A1 at the all night for a couple of sandwiches and sitting in my pop up blind at exactly 7am.

It was a 70 mile drive !   It is getting lighter earlier but those few hours as the light starts to come up are magical.  Black bird first out followed by the robin, then a big proud cock pheasant strolled bye so close I could have leaned forward and touched him, the white band on his neck must have been 3 inches wide.  A tree creeper worked it's way up the ash tree an arms length away etc etc etc for the next 9hrs.  You don't need TV and Country Watch, or whatever it is to enjoy.  Just need to know how to sit quiet and still.

An early start that....but sounds like you witnessed a great day seeing nature awaken and going about it's business.