Omega or Rolex

djrwood

5 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I have a Rolex but I’m not sure if it’s real. I found it after my grandpa passed.  He was a wealthy man but would never drop cash on a watch.  He drove beater cars and and lived in 1000sqft house.  He loaned money to everyone in town and I assume he took it as collateral or payment. 

It’s worth having it checked out, you could be sat on a lot of money. Even if you have no intention of selling you might want to add it to an insurance policy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

It’s worth having it checked out, you could be sat on a lot of money. Even if you have no intention of selling you might want to add it to an insurance policy.

I know it quits working if you don’t wear it so it has that self charging action. 

3B81FED0-BB7F-4AAE-9C7B-F90D625A3C8E.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

If that's genuine its a Submariner Date - try a Goldsmiths in the high street as they'll be able to confirm if its real. In average condition with no box or papers it'll still be worth several £ks. Definitely worth getting it insured as a named item too.

Neither Rolex or Submariner or any other 'luxury' watch.

Depending upon the areas you frequent chances are someone will want to tap you on the head and steal it. Been a few footballers robbed for their £xooo's Rolexes while sitting at traffic lights. No one will want to steal my Swatch Irony, birthday present from my son around 15 years ago. Its never faltered just needs a fresh battery every 6-7 years but I have worn 4 straps out.

Anyone remember the freeby digitals garages gave for buying £5 or £10 of petrol. When the battery dies just bin it and buy some more petrol.