Brit Awards

KPV4

I must be getting old.... I've just watched a performance by Georgia Smith (who has just own an award for best female artist) and I could only understand about a third of the words she sang.. think she needs to go for some elocution or speech projection lessons..! For that performance she'd be lucky to win a packet of crisps let alone a Brit..!

Don't know about anyone else but I'm also getting sick of everyone using the stage and tv to bleat about great women are and how useless men are...enough is enough..!

Do what i do

Do'nt watch any of these award male cow dung programmes ( or female ) as the case may be

total waste of broadcasting time but fills another hour in because they have very little else to offer

The BBC is having another one of theirs  Best repeat programme of the year:lol:  And guess who wins  "Only fools and horses" With" Porridge" coming in a very close second by two votes  oh and " Dads army " coming in a very close third And lucky for the BBC they don;nt need many trophies as most of the actors are no longer here RIP

Sorry to spoil ones excitement of the out come :yahoo:

Edited by sabel25

I was reading while HRH was watching it. I tried very hard to block the noise out but failed. As a result it made clear to me the complete absence of talent in todays world of music. And the new religion "Celebrity" continues to grow at pace. Are people's lives so sad that they really need to worship such tripe?

Just now, WestonSalop said:

I was reading while HRH was watching it. I tried very hard to block the noise out but failed. As a result it made clear to me the complete absence of talent in todays world of music. And the new religion "Celebrity" continues to grow at pace. Are people's lives so sad that they really need to worship such tripe?

Really .?

You think todays music is worse than the pop drivel of the 80s and 90s ?

I have to say your wrong .

That was drivel too to a large extent. There are some great musicians around today. There have been with every generation. But anyone who thinks the likes of Little Mix are talented, in any way, are deluded. They make money - fair play - but they are not musicians. I guess my beef is with "pop" music in general. Growing up in the 70's I was incensed at the rubbish that pop music churned out. Nothing has changed. And don't get me going on rap.....

43 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Don't forget one thing - We are all older.

My Grandad said my dad's music was rubbish

My Dad said my music was rubbish

I tell my daughter's their music is rubbish

Can anyone spot a trend here????????? 

Of course, you are perfectly correct. I'm a Victor Meldrew clone, just like my dad. Each to his own. But apparently, my age permits me to say that I'm right and every other ****** is wrong. Ha!

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Really .?

You think todays music is worse than the pop drivel of the 80s and 90s ?

I have to say your wrong .

At least in the 80s/90s they didnt pass off these delightful 'rap' or grime' 'songs' off as music.
I think Ive heard enough of Radio 1s love affair with music glorifying Londons black crime culture, or how many 'hoes' the artist has got going on.
Its funny how the LGBT/feminist/Metoo# movements dont seem to have any issues with the violence and subjugation of women or minorities in these 'songs' or videos.
But then again Im on the verge of being an old fuddy duddy.

On 20/02/2019 at 21:04, KPV4 said:

I must be getting old.... I've just watched a performance by Georgia Smith (who has just own an award for best female artist) and I could only understand about a third of the words she sang.. think she needs to go for some elocution or speech projection lessons..! For that performance she'd be lucky to win a packet of crisps let alone a Brit..!

Don't know about anyone else but I'm also getting sick of everyone using the stage and tv to bleat about great women are and how useless men are...enough is enough..!

No ... its not you getting old its a lowering of standards and a lazy approach to talent or so called talent. **** in a bottle these days put it through a synthesiser and have a hit record next week. Grrr.