What was he thinking?

MirokuMK70

can someone summarize as i have read the article and i am confused 

is it that he said he shot them in a place he was authorized to but it was later believed that he shot them elsewhere ( where presumably he didnt have the rights to be) or is it that where he claimed to have shot them  didnt have the rights to be?

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Apparantly, the word at one of my clubs which is not that far from the area where the incident happened is that he had permission on an estate adjacent to the park land but had strayed over the boundary.

hello, is that not the case for trespass with a firearm ? 

53 minutes ago, spandit said:

I hope he gets away with a warning or a fine if that's the case. He was using the correct kind of rifle although it does mention he was out after a bonfire, which implies it was night time

hello, do you think his notoriety as the shotgun chef, hunter,wildfowler, farmer, bee keeper, and restaurant owner will get him off or fine as you mentioned?

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, do you think his notoriety as the shotgun chef, hunter,wildfowler, farmer, bee keeper, and restaurant owner will get him off or fine as you mentioned?

I would hope that the courts would take a reasonable and practical view regardless of his fame. He hasn't committed armed robbery, the likelihood is that he's made a mistake and strayed over a boundary, which aren't always clearly defined, or as Old Farrier said, maybe he was going to dispatch a deer that had crossed the boundary after being shot. A wounded fallow is potentially a very dangerous animal. Before condemning him to a custodial sentence, perhaps we should be in support of someone who participates in our pastime and may have made a mistake?

1 minute ago, spanditsaid:

I would hope that the courts would take a reasonable and practical view regardless of his fame. He hasn't committed armed robbery, the likelihood is that he's made a mistake and strayed over a boundary, which aren't always clearly defined, or as Old Farrier said, maybe he was going to dispatch a deer that had crossed the boundary after being shot. A wounded fallow is potentially a very dangerous animal. Before condemning him to a custodial sentence, perhaps we should be in support of someone who participates in our pastime and may have made a mistake?

A very good and sensible post. Exactly my thoughts.

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

He discharged a firearm in a public place, would you say not guilty? Or atleast question why, he also didnt enter a plea, so doesn't sound like he denies wrong doing

When the charge was read he made no comment. That's standard procedure. Whatever he said would have made no difference but it could have been twisted, mis- construed etc. Say nothing and reserve your defence for when it counts. Good advice

The reporting of this has been emotive, salacious and down right inaccurate. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story? The police response has been heavy handed

Does anybody ACTUALLY  think that an experienced stalker with lots to lose (liberty, business and probably home, possibly marriage ) would have intentionally gone into "a public park" and shot a deer ? Because I for one don't believe a word of it as it has been reported 

Me? I cannot see it