Anyone else onto the Canada’s.

Pigeon Shredder.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:14, Goldfish said:

.243 sorts them out, shot about 30 so far, just cant find a use for them other than fox bait

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:14, Goldfish said:

.243 sorts them out, shot about 30 so far, just cant find a use for them other than fox bait

Try eating them!

16 hours ago, motty said:

Try eating them!

Lovely fried in garlic and chilli oil. Or cut small in a stir fry 👍

16 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Wrong forum.

😂 Post of the year 

16 hours ago, grahamch said:

So why bother shoot them?

Sorry i wasnt being a **** above, just this has been posted in the vermin control section not wildfowling, so kinda self explanatory 

4 minutes ago, Richie10 said:

So why are you on here advertising that you are killing Geese that you have no idea what to do with them?

When they are pairing up they are at their most vulnerable. You'll be trotting out the cook them with a brick recipe next.

You can shoot Canadas all year round under the GL if they are causing a health or safety problem, you dont HAVE to do anything with them.
If the man has been asked to remove them, and its legal to do so, thats it, job done.
This section is vermin control, if it offends you, dont read it.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You can shoot Canadas all year round under the GL if they are causing a health or safety problem, you dont HAVE to do anything with them.
If the man has been asked to remove them, and its legal to do so, thats it, job done.
This section is vermin control, if it offends you, dont read it.

I am fully aware of the legalities around Canada geese and their control. The poster has come on to here to tell us he has started shooting them outside of the traditional fowling season, I suspect that he is advertising this to get some sort of recognition. If you come on a forum you will have people that will agree and that don't agree.

If you make something public then expect both opinions, for someone to kill a perfectly good eating bird to let rot, then  don't advertise it and hide behind the GL as an excuse.

You will get a similar response to shooting pigeons and leaving them to rot in the standing crops.

If people can't take other peoples thoughts on this then don't post the fact and tell only your friends for pats on the back.

Also never heard of Muntjac being referred to as vermin either. It seems difference of opinion offends you.

15 minutes ago, Richie10 said:

I am fully aware of the legalities around Canada geese and their control. The poster has come on to here to tell us he has started shooting them outside of the traditional fowling season, I suspect that he is advertising this to get some sort of recognition. If you come on a forum you will have people that will agree and that don't agree.

If you make something public then expect both opinions, for someone to kill a perfectly good eating bird to let rot, then  don't advertise it and hide behind the GL as an excuse.

You will get a similar response to shooting pigeons and leaving them to rot in the standing crops.

If people can't take other peoples thoughts on this then don't post the fact and tell only your friends for pats on the back.

Also never heard of Muntjac being referred to as vermin either. It seems difference of opinion offends you.

i agree,OP was waiting for reaction?the OP posted on the 21st feb, season ended on 20th feb:hmm:

10 minutes ago, Richie10 said:

Youve just said it right there, he is controlling them as a pest species, he is not 'fowling'  and from what Ive read of his posts before , I dont believe he is seeking 'recognition'

Ive been asked several times to 'remove' Canadas that were fouling a cricket pitch, literally 100s of them , the pitch was un usable because of it, I declined due to the proximity to a busy footpath, but if I had done it , what was I supposed to do , eat them all ?

That is most definitely a matter of opinion.

Again, what has that to do with pest control ? If you are clearing rats, do you have to eat them too ?

16 minutes ago, Richie10 said:

Although muntjac is  sought after meat, they can be a pest, you dont actually have to eat everything you shoot !
I can shoot 20 rabbits a night, I can give as many away as I can, but I dont really care for it myself, so what am I supposed to do , not shoot them ?
They are digging holes all over my clay ground, people have tripped, my farmers want them off their crops, Ill tell them Ill only shoot the odd one shall I ?

Its not about being offended by 'waste' , in the field , nothing is wasted, again this section of the forum is about vermin, and their removal, leave the moral arguments at the door.

3 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

i agree,OP was waiting for reaction?the OP posted on the 21st feb, season ended on 20th feb:hmm:

As above, its got nothing to do with the season, it they are causing a nuisance , they can be culled all year round.