Hello From St.Neots

LSMG

Hey All!

New to the forum as I stumbled across looking for information on pigeon shooting days in Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire area. Is anyone local to me? I shoot clays only at the moment but would be looking to learn about the pigeon shooting scene.

Cheers 

Welcome to PW.

Many years have passed since I last visited St Neots, but I knew it well at one time, having been born near Stonely.   Back in the 1960s there as a chap (Jervis R Wardley, if I remember rightly) who kept a pub in Brook Street and also did gunsmithing.   The pub had a window where there would always be a few guns on display, and the last time I visited his workshop (accompanying my father, who was having repairs done to a rather complex ejector mechanism on a Hinton S/S), the man showed me a muzzle loading pistol that he had made from scratch.   How times have changed.

3 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Welcome to PW.

Many years have passed since I last visited St Neots, but I knew it well at one time, having been born near Stonely.   Back in the 1960s there as a chap (Jervis R Wardley, if I remember rightly) who kept a pub in Brook Street and also did gunsmithing.   The pub had a window where there would always be a few guns on display, and the last time I visited his workshop (accompanying my father, who was having repairs done to a rather complex ejector mechanism on a Hinton S/S), the man showed me a muzzle loading pistol that he had made from scratch.   How times have changed.

Wow that's great! No pubs down there anymore! Thanks for your message!

On 25/02/2019 at 13:48, LSMG said:

will do mate, where do you shoot?

Hello mate, usually High Harthay near Brampton or Hillside in Royston.

But I'm looking into joining Waresley, that looks close and local!

Where do you shoot?

On 04/03/2019 at 16:03, Tin Worm said:

Hello mate, usually High Harthay near Brampton or Hillside in Royston.

But I'm looking into joining Waresley, that looks close and local!

Where do you shoot?

High Harthay usually as its usually nice and quiet! 

not heard of hillside i will give that a look. 

Yes i am also looking at joining Waresley as I am in Eynesbury manor so like a 4 minute drive. Let me know if you fancy it and i will see if i can make it over there at some point!

22 hours ago, olly321 said:

welcome bud

hey mate

19 hours ago, Outlander said:

Hi & welcome from another Bedfordian.

hello! 

So does anyone local to meet pigeon shoot then that I could possibly learn from? Possibly watch how its done if you wouldn't mind! 

On 06/03/2019 at 16:51, LSMG said:

High Harthay usually as its usually nice and quiet! 

not heard of hillside i will give that a look. 

Yes i am also looking at joining Waresley as I am in Eynesbury manor so like a 4 minute drive. Let me know if you fancy it and i will see if i can make it over there at some point!

I popped up on Sunday, good bunch. Joined up - £25 for the year.

6 hours ago, Tin Worm said:

I popped up on Sunday, good bunch. Joined up - £25 for the year.

I nearly went but ran out of time! I’m going to try and make it for the next meet. I think it’s saturday. Keep me posted if your going mate would be good - 07923375631